"Listen mate, we all know you have a crush on her, it's pretty obvious. She probably knows you do, may as well just ask her out." Luke said, patting his back.

"Can we just get back to band practice because that's why we're all here."

"I'll give you a fiver if you ask her out tonight." Simon said, wiggling his brows.

"Piss off, I doubt she even likes me-"

"So you admit it-"

"For fuck's sake." Leo rolled his eyes.

"Your babies would be so cute." Viktoria grinned. "You're naming them after me."

"Why on earth would I name my child after you?"

"Because we're best friends."

"No we're not."

Viktoria gasped, pretending to look hurt. "Well there goes my first born not being called Leo."

"Oh no, how will I ever survive." Leo said, dramatically putting his hand on his forehead.

"I'm gonna tell Aries you like her-"

"Don't you dare."

Simone clapped his hands. "I knew it, just ask her out, what's the worst that could happen?"

"She could reject him, that would be really embarrassing." Luke laughed.

"I hate all of you," Leo said, beginning to play the drums.

After band practice Leo made his way to the diner, as he walked in, Aries was behind the counter like usual she smiled at him and proceeded to make a milkshake, it had become a ritual by now.

"Just finished practice?" she asked, gesturing to his drumstick.

"Yeah, Vik needed to practice her solo for tomorrow night, fancy coming?" He asked.

"Sorry, I'm heading back home for Christmas in the morning," she said, putting the glass down in front of him, he noticed a man near them watching the two but ignored him.

They spoke for a bit then the next person started their shift, Leo finished the milkshake quickly, he saw that she was waiting for him by the door.

"Awwh, you waited."

"How else would I find my way home?"

They crossed the road, he opened the door letting her in first.

"See you later," she said, heading up the stairs.

His heart started racing, "Hey Aries?"

She leaned over the bannister, "Yeah?"

She had a soft smile, her hair had been tucked into her scarf and her cheeks were a rosy red from the cold.

Just ask her out, it's not that hard.

He realised he had been staring for too long, so he opted out. "I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, seeing as you're leaving tomorrow."

Idiot.

"Merry Christmas, Leo." she smiled.

That damn smile.

☽☆☾

16th May 1981

"Tonight is the night, Leo's going to ask out Aries," Luke said, patting Leo's shoulder.