02

"Please don't!" Her voice broke as tears gathered up in the corners of her eyes, "I hate taking breaks," she continued as she watched him walk away.

She caught up to him and hugged him from behind, "don't," his tone wasn't angry nor sad, but disappointed and exhausted. "I can't keep doing this with you," he said, breaking from her embrace.

Taheyung turned around, sad eyes meeting her regretful ones, "it's always back and forth with you," his hands rested on her shoulders, "you promise to do better, you lure me back in, knowing exactly how much I love you, and then you fool me for a bit," he sighed as his hand went up to her wet cheek, "you fool me into thinking you've changed just to spiral and flood my world with your irrationalities."

"But-"

"No," he interrupted her, "I hate taking breaks from you, too. I hate feeling like I need to be away from you in order to feel better about myself and my life. You're supposed to be my comfort zone, my safe space, my source of happiness. Aren't I yours?"

"Yes," her head dropped, eyes too ashamed to look into his.

"Then why can't my love and effort be reciprocated?" The rain was starting to get heavier, so were the couple's hearts.

"Let's go back inside and dry off," he spoke, "I'll order you an Uber."

The corners of her lips tugged down, call me an Uber? She couldn't believe he didn't even want to take her back home. That's how far away he needed to be from her.