I'm not crazy

I don't own Naruto but I own this story :) Rated M for mature themes later on and a fuck ton of cursing and the use of blades and theme's that some people may find disturbing... swearing is fun :) Read at your own risk! This is SasuNaruSasu, don't like? Don't read... you have been warned :D

I'm not crazy

"Naruto..?"

Minato said sitting up in bed and glancing at the half opened door. It crack in the door was inhabited by his youngest son, Naruto Uzumaki. "I... I can't sleep, dad" The teenager said and stepped slightly into his parents bedroom. Glancing at the clock next to the bed Minato read the red dotted numbers, the clock read 3:47am.

Sighing lightly Minato stood up and walked out the room and into the bathroom while being watched carefully by his son.

"Dad..?" Naruto said quietly as Minato opened the mirror and moved some bottles and packets around in the cabinet until he found what he was looking for. "Sleeping pills..?" The shorter blonde asked and looked up at his father who's eyes drifted from his awakening mother to his obviously troubled child, thinking of what to say.

"Yes..." was all he managed to get out before his redheaded wife walked around the room over to the two.

"Hey mom..." Naruto said quietly as she looked over Minato's shoulder.

"Just go back to bed Kushina... I can handle this" the elder said and she shook her head taking the pills out of Naruto's hand and put them back into the packet. "

No Minato... We were told not to overdose him" she scolded and Minato nodded.

"Overdosed?" Naruto said slightly confused.

"The doctor said if it continue's we seek professional help" she said once more and was interrupted by her loud mouthed sun kissed son.

"Professional help?!" Naruto blurted out once more and Kushina looked at her husband sadly.

"He's sixteen, Minato... He deserves to know" she said slowly and Minato nodded slightly.

"So be it... Naruto we have something to tell you" Naruto's father said looking him seriously in the eye.

"W-what is it dad?" he stuttered and Minato tapped the bed, telling him to sit down. Naruto did as he was told and looked up at his parents who joined him on the double bed. "What did you need to tell me, mom and dad?" Taking a deep breath Minato explained.

"Naruto do you remember when Kurama died?" Minato started and Naruto nodded, "well ever since that you've never been able to sleep properly at night, we tried everything, early nights, late nights, early mornings, late mornings, but whatever you would always fall sleep really late and wake up a couple hours later. This worried us as parents, so we looked into it more. We started on the internet, we searched what was happening and left it so people would answer. A lot of answers led down to depression but you were always happy no matter how much the death of your brother bothered you. We passed it off as grief and decided to wait a few weeks to see if it changed, it didn't. You still weren't sleeping and your grades were starting to pay for it-"

"so that's why you weren't mad when I got that bad report card!" Naruto interrupted and chuckled. Minato gave half a smile and continued.

"We went back to the internet and searched some more, this time the results led to insomnia. The symptoms described you perfectly, so we booked a doctors appointment and took you a few days later, that is what that was about and why the doctor was asking about your sleeping habits. He told us you had a slight case of insomnia due to the death of your brother so he gave us some strong sleeping pills that would soon sort out the problem. Not wanting you to know we mushed them up in your food when we fed you, the doctor said they would work just as well. They worked for a while but just recently we realized you were waking up a lot and not being able to fall back asleep, so we contacting the doctor again. The doctor said he had accidentally left out a critical bit of information when he talked to us, you didn't just have a small case of insomnia, you had a very rare case. It was not guaranteed that the sleeping pills would work. We were told that if they were to fail to not overdose because of how strong they were, but to seek professional help... Also known as, putting you into full time health care that would sooth your mind until you are sleeping again, we are sorry for not telling you" Minato finished with a breath. Both eyes were on Naruto, he was still, shocked for that matter.