But we're smarter

Pain explodes in my chest and I'm knocked to the ground by the pure force of it

I don't know what happened after that but the pain is all I can really remember from the moments after.

I wake up 24 hours after the surgery.

"He'll be fine, don't worry. Despite the area of the wound it actually wasn't deep and there probably won't even be a scar. He's very lucky." The doctor tells us before leaving.

I look around and that's when Natalie runs in here and practically jumps on me. "You're awake! You're awake! You're awake!" She squeals.

Theo comes up and smiles at me, patting my shoulder. "You're still here, huh?" We laugh at his bad joke.

Revel pats my back before sitting back down. "I'm glad you're okay, dude. You freaked me out." He tries to laugh.

I survey the room and notice she's not here. "Where's Eliza?" Their faces fall and I sit up straighter.

"She-" Theo starts bur pauses so Revel finishes for him. "She escaped. She was cleaning up the car but we forgot to takes the keys and she drove away."

I don't really know what I'm feeling right now. Anger? Yes. Hurt? Yes. Surprise? No.

I sigh and point to the tablet on the table across from me. Revel grabs it and hands it to me. I open it up and go to the tracker on the car.

I can't help but smirk. "She's smart." I say and they look at the screen.

Tracker 1 is at a random gas station. Tracker 2 is moving on a highway.

"But We're smarter." Revel adds.

I turn onto a back road, unsure of where I'm going

That's when the car stops working and it won't turn on.

Shit.

A car pulls up behind me, maybe they'll help me out.

I roll down the window but when I turn I quickly try to roll it back up.