Deja vu

"Knock knock

"Knock knock." Natalie chirps as she walks into my room.

I look over to her but don't say anything. She hands me some Advil and a glass of water.

"That should help with your headache. I'm gonna go grab you some food."

The door opens again and I turn, expecting to see Natalie with food , but instead of Natalie, Collin walks in.

I don't say anything and neither does he before sitting down next to me.

He hands me a phone. "Here." I take it from his hand and I look at him confusingly.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Eliza. I'm sorry. I took it back because there's a video all over social media. It's of your sisters, begging me to let you go. I felt guilty and didn't want you to see it so I took the phone. I'm sorry, Eliza."

Without saying anything, I open Instagram and the first thing that pops up is my amber alert.

I watch the video, both of us silent the entire time. Silent tears leave my eyes and I don't look away from my sisters.

The video goes to restart but Collin clicks off of it.

"Eliza?" It's barely a whisper.

My sisters. Isabella looks so tired and miserable. Dizzy looks so sad.

"Isabella lost weight." I whisper hoarsely, catching his attention.

"I can tell she's lost weight. She's lost weight and looks like a ghost."

And it's true. She did. Her once golden skin is now pale as if it hasn't seen sunlight in in months.

Her once bright blue eyes are now a dull void of what they used to be.

Her normally well kept hair is stashed in a lazy bun, only staying together by a clip.

Dizzy looks the same, it makes me glad she's not suffering as Isabella is.

He gently sets his hand atop mine. To my surprise, I don't pull away.

It's like a part of me wants his comfort. A part of me wants him around.

Why?

Giving into myself, I lay my head on his shoulder. Neither of us say anything as he wraps has arms around me.

We sit there in silence, just being in each other's presence.

"I am sorry, Eliza. For everything I've done."

And for some reason, I believe him.

"I believe you, Collin." He sighs, almost in relief.

"Why are we here?" I ask him, catching his attention.

"We, uh, have some business around here. However, when we don't have business here we come here to have fun. But this time we have business."

"Business huh?" He looks at his hands.