A trap door

There's a knock at the door

There's a knock at the door. "Can I come in?"

"Do I have a choice?" There's silence before the door opens.

I'm surprised when it's Theodor who walks in and not Collin.

He sees me sitting on the couch and decided to sit next to me. "You haven't left this room since we got here." He states.

"It's been like 2 hours." I reply.

"Actually, it's been 2 days."

I look at him. "Oh. I didn't notice."

"Eliza, have you eaten anything?" He asks with concern that confuses me.

"No. I don't feel like being around the three jerks who kidnapped me." He sighs.

"There's food in here. In the mini fridge." He points over to the mini fridge.

"Well I didn't know that." When he doesn't say anything, I decide too.

"Look, Theodor, please just-"

he makes a face and groans. "Please, do not call me that. I hate that name."

"Then what should I call you?" I ask.

"My friends call me Theo."

"I'm not your friend." I state.

"But you could be." He says with a smile.

I shake my head. "You're the reason I'm here."

"I'm the reason you're alive." I mean, he's got a point.

"We're in NewYork, right?" I ask and he looks a little surprised. "Yeah. How'd you know?" He asks.

"My mom went here with my dad on their honeymoon and I've seen all the pictures a million times."

"They stayed in room 118 on the 3rd floor of this hotel. What are the odds?"

He seems perplexed. "That is odd."

"Hey, Theodor?" "Yes, Eliza?"

He's the only one that's shown me even I little bit of kindness.

"What floor is this?" "Top floor. It's the penthouse so we're on level 63."

I go to play with the bracelet on my wrist but then notice it's not there. I start to panic a little bit.

Theodor pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to me. "Is this what you're looking for?" He asks me.

Without words, I throw my arms around him.

He sets the bracelet on the coffee table and wraps his arms around me.

I lay my head on his shoulder.

He's the only nice one.

Maybe he can be my friend.