Tests: Part 2

A/N: Here's the second bit!
______________________________________________________

Looking around Severus saw he was in quite a large room.

The room was separated into various sections, one that looked like a full potions lab, another that had a large arena like space, what looked like a Rune nook, and a zoo like space, with a desk directly across from it.

A moment after taking this all in a door opened in the potion lab area, revealing a wizard in his late forties with brown hair and brown eyes.

His face was stern and his eyes looked at Severus with an unimpressed look.

"So you are my new testee." He said skeptically.

"Well lets get this over with. Take off that damned cloak and make me the list of potions on the table! You have an hour!" The now, obvious potion master barked and Severus obeyed, only hesitating a moment before dropping his hood and taking off his cloak.

He ignored the potion master's surprised breath and quickly walked over to snatch up the list while heading for the supply cupboard.

The Fae quickly grabbed what he needed, not exactly what was needed for the potions, but the ingredients that would make them stronger and brew more quickly.

Severus quickly fell into brewing, becoming absorbed as he prepared every ingredient and mixed them carefully together.

He had multiple culdrons simmering at once and was carefully attending to them, all with a grace and calm that the Potion master watched with fascination and grudging respect.

Severus had just bottled the last potion when the room dinged, signalling that his time was up.

The Potion master stepped forwards and grabbed the cooling vials and headed back through the door he arrived from.

"You will receive the results of your work in one to two days aswell as my notes and criticism on your work. You have thirty minutes to rest before your next evaluation. Good day." The wizard said before disappearing into the door.

Severus let out a sigh when he was alone and took a seat on a nearby chair after stretching the slight stiffness in his limbs from continuous brewing.

The young Fae soon found that he did not like the half hour wait time, as he fought off his own instincts as they tried to make think about what exactly he was doing and about how he was essentially leaving his mates behind.

He did his best to ignore them, but was immensely relieved when a door opened in the Rune nook section of the room and an elderly witch came through.

Severus got up and hurried over, ignoring the way the women looked him up and down critically.

"Make a basic array of protection. Three tears, silver, crystal, and granite. Make it as powerful as you can. One hour." She said sharply, waving her hand and the table by her filled with the tools and materials needed.

Severus quickly sat down and began by first mapping out just what he was going to do and how, carefully writing it out before rereading and fixing, changing, and finalising it before he even touched the materials.

By that time the young Fae had less then a half hour left, but it could not be helped, one mistake in his blueprint and it could, in best case, fail, in worst case, kill him, so he had to be very thorough.

He carved, chiseled, and smelted, eventually, he was placing the final part of the array in place when the room let out a 'ding' and the witch spoke.

"Stop."

Severus instantly dropped his hands and leant back in his chair, wiping the sweat from his brow as he critically looked over his array, but found no flaw in his work thankfully.

It was simple, but powerful, only designed to protect its owner against low and mid range curses and debris.

The young man watched, hiding his nervousness as the Runes Master looked over his work before picking up the array and carefully placing it into a small sack.

"Your results and my criticism will arrive with the rest of your results. Your next instructor will arrive in thirty minutes." She said briskly, before leaving through the door she came from.

Once again Severus let out a sigh of relief and relaxed slightly in his chair.

He spent the next half hour fighting his own mind again and was happy when his next test began.

This time a quite cheerful blond man walked out of the door to the arena like space, arms filled with small nick nacks which he started placing on the ground.

Severus approached the cheerful man and was met with a blinding smile.

"Ah! You must be the one being tested! Splendid! Unfortunately since there was a certain, ahem, incident, we will be taking the Transfiguration test in the DADA section until further notice." He said sheepishly, before seeming to throw it off and was back to being all smiles.

"I want you to transfigure these objects into the things on the list, the more elaborate the better! You have an hour and it starts now!" He said happily, stepping back after handing Severus a list.

Severus quickly got out his wand and began with the hardest requests first and worked his way down.

The young Fae was panting slightly by the time he was done, transfiguration is by no means his best subject, but he was more then decent at it thankfully, it just took a bit out of him.

The cheerful Transfiguration master bounced over to the transfigured objects and picked them up before skipping to the door.

"Your results will arrive in one to two days with a couple notes from me! Have a nice day!" The man chirped.

It continued in this fashion.

Test after test.

With Charms, the master wanted him to charm the ballet dancer in a metal music box to dance, Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, and freestyle around her box, while her dress changed color and shape for each piece.

Severus also charmed it to screech and bite if it was ever stolen.

For DADA, the Fae was to dual the Master, he of course didn't win, but he fought with everything he had and all the spells he knew that weren't his own or ban.

For care of magical plants and creatures, he had two Masters and they tested him by making him apply his knowledge to the specimens they had on hand.

Arithmancy, was the hardest by far, but Severus tried his best to complete the test.

The young man nearly slumped in relief when the final test ended and the last master left.

The door Severus had entered opened and he quickly put on his cloak and joyfully left the room.

He was exhausted.

When he finally reached the reception desk the women smiled at him.

"You have now completed all your tests. If you pass you will have your trace remove, if not you will have to retake it in six months or wait until your seventh birthday. Have a nice day!" She said and Severus just nodded at her, tired and just wanting to go to bed.

He quickly went back to the auditorium and stepped beside the floo.

Slipping back on his school robes and replacing his glamour, Severus took a fist full of floo powder.

"Hogsmead!" He said clearly before he was swept away.

=========================================================

3000+ words before split up

1315 words unedited

1238 word edited