Prologue: Regret Part I

Ayanopapa POV:

Central Tokyo Metropolitian-HighQ Investment Building Complex - 17th floor. 21 years ago.

- I assumed that everyone here have accepted on my terms?

- Yes, Professor Ayanokouji!

- Well then, with all this funding, White Room can start.

With this, i shook hands with the investor and start putting my plans into reality.

(Scene changed)

Outside of White Room. 20 years ago.

After many months of back-breaking labor and pencil grinding a massive structure was nearing completion in an unknown location in the mountains bordering Tokyo. A facility with multiple side buildings and floors all connected by corridors. What stood out most however was the color of this facility. White. Solid white without a hint of color elsewhere; not even the security cameras that were present everywhere inside and out of the building were shaded different.

- Professor, everything is worked as intended. The systems and facilities work without any flaw.

- Good, what about the 1st generation subjects? Are they all here?

- Yes professor. They are all in their rooms and having the best meals for now. 50 babies in total.

- Good, continue like this for 4 years before coming to the training.

Deep down, i know one fact: With the hellish training they will get, their bodies and minds will collapse. However, in order to produce artificial geniuses, the dead of one or two people is nothing. 

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations are nothing but failure.

But at that time, i never thought that the first 3 generations will face such a bad result like that.

1st Generation: 40% dead, 40% insane, 20% fail (Can keep up but in no level near genius). Stop after 9th year.

2nd Generation: 50% dead, 45% insane, 5% fail. Stop after 11th year.

3rd Generation: 70% dead, 30% insane. Stop after 12th year.

However, i couldn't care less.

(Scene changed)

Ayanokouji's Mansion: January 17th. 16 years ago.

- Dear my love, you shouldn't become pregnant! Your body is too weak to keep up.

- Please, i always want to be a mother. It's 9 years and yet i haven't completed my wish. I promise that no matter if our child is a girl or a boy, i will rest.

- Are you sure about this? You know, if you weren't here, i would have been insane just like the people at that place.

- My love, everyone must face an end someday. Who know if i can be alive tomorrow or not? Just live like that you are facing your end everyday. Please, let me fulfill my role, as a wife, and as a mother. 

- If that's what you want so badly, then... i guess can't stop you anyway.

- Teehee. It's not that hard right?

My wife is just a normal woman. She is pretty, but not too much. She is smart, but not as much as any genius in this world. She is logical, but she can also be so emotional at the most critical moment. If anyone look at my family, they can immediately think that she is just a normal wife, nothing more than the standard.