Chapter 16a: Therapy

A/N: This episode deals with sensitive topics including death, suicide, self-harm, and violence. These topics may not be suitable for all readers, please proceed with caution. If you or someone you know is suffering from self-harm and/or suicidal ideation, please seek help and get assistance. Thank you.

The witches headed into Wanda's cabin, Scarlett still shaking occasionally as residual tremors wracked her body.

"Tea?" offered Wanda. 

"I appreciated the offer but I can't actually eat anything here..." Scarlett gave a soft sort of chuckle.

Wanda laughed a little, feeling embarrassed that she had forgotten so quickly. "Well, let me get some tea for myself and then we won't be interrupted by the kettle."

Scarlett nodded and settled herself on a chair. She stared out the window towards the trees in the distance, breathing slowly, doing all she could to stay calm. Scarlett hadn't ever talked to someone about her life experiences, and she was feeling really nervous.

Wanda could tell that Scarlett needed a moment and made sure to take her time making her own cup of tea. She provided as much time as she could before walking over and sitting down across from the older witch.

"I'm not very sure where to start..." admitted Scarlett a bit sheepishly. The older witch fidgeted with her hands as she spoke, her nervousness very pronounced.

"Um, well I don't want you to think I'm interrogating you, but I could ask questions as an option," suggested Wanda. Scarlett gave a small hum as she considered the idea.

"Sure, I guess we can start there," Scarlett decided with a small nervous smile. She looked down at her hands and took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm ready."

"I guess maybe we can start with your childhood? Did you have a family?" asked Wanda cautiously.

"Y-yes. I did. But everyone died when I was little." Scarlett bit her lip as tears welled up in her eyes. "I was maybe 9 or 10, and we were having a family dinner. After maybe 10 mins after we started eating we heard a rushing noise and a bomb came crashing through the roof."

Wanda felt tears prick at her own eyes as the story was achingly familiar and similar to her own.

"We were all confused, we thought we were safe where we were. But there was the bomb and on it was the l- lettering..." Scarlett trailed off as her tears began to fall.

"Stark Industries?" Wanda softly asked. Scarlett nodded, tears carving shiny paths down the older witch's face.

"We could barely see over the dust, but we could see that the warning light got faster and faster and we just were frozen with fear. And then- and then it- it- exploded." Scarlett was trying to reign in her tears. "I watched my brother get hit by the explosion. He died that night. And I never found my parent's bodies."

Wanda was quiet, unsure of the best way to respond. They sat in silence for a while.

"There's more," Scarlett said, breaking the silence that had fallen between the witches. "I was failing to deal with the trauma of Sokovia. I had an... incident not unlike what you just witnessed. The people with me then... they... they weren't so lucky."

Wanda lowered her gaze as sympathetic tears glazed over her eyes, limiting her vision.

"Vision was trying to help me, so was Clint and my-" Scarlett broke off in tears. "My boys."

Wanda inhaled sharply. She knew Scarlett had troubled past, but an outburst that killed Billy and Tommy? Scarlett needed serious help, more than what Wanda could give her. But Scarlett needed someone to be with her until then, so Wanda was not about to leave by any means.

"I'm so sorry. I know I can't even beginning to fathom your loss, but I am so sorry you had to experience that." Wanda consoled softly.

"Thank you, you know you're the first person who has let me express this openly. You have no idea how much this means to me." Scarlett smiled through tears at the younger witch.

"That all being said, there's still more to the story that I need to get off my chest." Scarlett frowned. "I killed myself that day."

"What?" Wanda was taken aback. This was the last thing she expected to hear.

"I was in the air when the incident occurred. When I came to and saw them lying there. I couldn't take it and I just leave myself fall."

"So how...?" Wanda couldn't wrap her brain around the obvious issue with the story.

"My body died. But my body also hit the ground with enough force to knock my astral self out of my physical form. So my body died but I wasn't there with it."

"Wait, but it doesn't usually work that way I thought..." Wanda trailed off.

Scarlett shrugged clearly unsure why the universe bent its rules for her. Scarlett replied "I can't explain it. But that's why I was so angry at you at first and so evil. But as soon as I met you I saw so many similarities to myself at I couldn't stay mad."

"Did this help you?" Wanda asked quietly.

"Yes its taken a while for me to come to terms with my traumatic experiences. But this I think is a huge step for me." Scarlett smiled and interlced her fingers. "So thank you, Wanda. This meant a lot."

She's Not Alone (WandaxNatasha)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें