Chapter 3: Tensions

Wanda swore out loud at the reappearance of the voice she had hoped would leave once and for all.

"Yes I'm done, you think I enjoy revisiting my past and the horrors that are there?" she shouted into seemingly empty air. 

"Yes actually I think you do," said a voice, and the one and only Sorcerer Supreme walked out of a sparking, golden gateway. 

"Strange" snarled Wanda who had jumped up and had her hands extended glowing with the power of her chaos magic. "You here to tell me what I did in WestView was wrong? That I should have sensed Agatha before she could have made things go wrong?"

"Wanda, your temporal anomaly in WestView was a mistake, while so may choose not to see it as that is their own problem. I'm here to address something else."

"And what is that?" Wanda said, her old Sokovian accent becoming more prominent.

"Well firstly, I don't think we have properly been introduced. I believe the only time our paths crossed would have been at the Avengers Compound a while back." Strange held out his hand politely. "My name is Dr. Steven Strange, I am the Sorcerer Supreme and I guard the Earth against entities that the Avengers could not hope to defeat themselves."

Wanda made no move to come closer and instead called back, "I know who you are, and it makes no difference to me. But since you requested unnecessary pleasantries know that my name is Wanda Maximoff, and I am the Scarlet Witch."

"Yes I have heard a bit about that, do you mind letting me join you in your cabin, it's awfully cold out here and I really don't have the energy to fight someone whom I'm allied with today." Dr. Strange responded with curiosity in his voice.

"Why did you come if not to fight?" asked Wanda, her red chaos magic not disappearing as Strange had hoped.

"I've simply come to talk to you, that's it. If any of the rumors of your power are true, like the rumor that you can read minds, then you know what I'm saying to be true." insisted Strange.

Wanda's eyes glowed red for a minute, then she finally lowered her hands, chaos magic dissipating and she threatened, "Come in, but if you show one hint of hurting me or stopping me from doing anything then you're leaving, and I will force you by any means necessary if needed."

"I understand, now is there any chance I could get some tea or coffee?" the Sorcerer Supreme asked shivering a little. "I'm getting flashbacks to my time on the Himalayans." And then he shivered, smiled, shivered again, then frowned.

"Alright come on in" Wanda gave in. Strange was another Avenger, she would be able to trust him.

Right?