Chapter 6: Varients

Wanda sat up. All she could see was white light, no shapes, no shadows.

Yet she was not alone, Wanda was sure.

"Witch!" a foul voice spat. Then Wanda was knocked over by a blow to the back that had come out of nowhere. "Pathetic!"

"Who the hell are you? And why insult me?" Wanda gasped out through heaving breaths. She was having difficulty catching her breath, meanwhile, a gnawing feeling was filling the pit of her stomach. A shadow loomed over Wanda, towering over her like a giant over an ant.

"Pathetic and stupid too." sneered the figure. "Our backgrounds are so similar and yet you make it so hard to like me." The thing, person Wanda thought, bent over and got in her face. "Idiotic, miserable, foolish little girl!"

Wanda's anxiety simmered into steaming hot anger. "I am not idiotic or pathetic or stupid. Sure I was miserable just you are in no way justified to speak to me in such a way!" Wanda shot to her feet and gave two quick blasts of her chaos magic headed right for the figure's stomach. The figure was able to dodge the first but not the second. As the second blast hit the figure right in its stomach and made no move, Wanda, however, felt immense pain in her gut and she doubled over yelping in pain.

"I thought you were smarter than this," the figure called out to Wanda. "But no I see you are just as blind as most of the rest of you." The figure stalked closer, as it drew near Wanda saw herself, but not as she knew herself to be. This Wanda was clearly more practiced in magic, with bright red hair and shining bright eyes Wanda knew that this version of her had done more than she could have ever dreamed of.

"Who are you?" asked Wanda as intensely as possible, keeping up a facade of power and fearlessness while the pit of fear in her stomach grew larger and larger.

"Haven't you figured it out yet? I'm you, or at least a variant of you. But I don't like those terms, it brings back so unfortunate memories." the other Wanda paused and for a brief moment, she was almost kind. "Actually, I'm sure you are very confused. This won't always make sense but you have to trust us."

"Us?" Wanda said tentatively, not wanting the other to become rude again, but to no avail.

"God damn it, woman! I was told that you were smart, I was expecting more from you than a box of questions." groaned the other Wanda. "I don't have a good nickname since we are both the Scarlet Witch, so I'm not sure what you should call me."

"I mean Wanda works--" suggested Wanda. Although she knew it would get confusing.

"We will figure it out for now it is decided that it is my turn to try and train you. The version of you that though it would be smart to just try talking you you via our access point into your brain was not making smart decisions" The older woman said. "Now it is time to really understand the time sensitive nature of this. Because we all know you are aching for something and it can't just be our company."

"No, you're right there is something I want." Wanda admitted. She sighed and looked around. Every since she has been brought back from what she assumed was the dead she had lost everything again and again. Vision, her connection with the avengers, her children, her home. All she wanted was someone who could understand her. Someone who knew her pain, that of losing everybody and everything and understood the feeling of having nothing.

"I know you are thinking about someone." the older witch smirked before sitting down next to wanda's feet and patted the ground next to her indicating that Wanda should do the same. 

"Tell me about her."