Chapter sixty-four - I'll be there for you

Start from the beginning

"Tri" I shouted, "What did that asshole do?" I got closer to her and hugged her. She didn't say a word, but just cried. Li took her room's key and opened the door; we then entered and sat on the bed.

"Tri, please talk" Liam had his hands on his head; he didn't know what to do. Tri just sobbed and sobbed, making him and I grow preoccupied.

But what could Malik do anyways? He loved her, and wouldn't be able to hurt her or anything.

"I'll go hit that asshole" Li finally said, to which Tri finally spoke, or better said screamed.

"NO! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" She reached to pronounce in between sobs.

"What happened then?" I asked while Liam relaxed. He laid on the bed, but still had his hands on his face.

For some reason, Tri had become our little sister and we somehow felt the imminent reason to protect her.

"He didn't do anything wrong" He finally confirmed a bit calmer. "He just said that he loved me"

Liam immediately sat down and both of our jaws dropped to the ground.

"Well, that's amazing!" I exclaimed happily, to which Tri's tears intensified.

"Okay, Tri" Liam touched her hair softly and pulled her into a hug. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked to which Tri didn't respond.

"I should talk it out." She stated letting a final sob out. "Although it's really hard"

"Okay" I hugged her too "But you have to calm down. We're here with you, just don't freak out"

"It'll take some time though" She sighed and Liam and I sat right next to her.

"Time is our friend" Liam retorted cheesily making both of us let a small giggle out.

"Well..."She started

Astrid's POV

Flashback

It was Michael's and I's one-year anniversary. Our relationship had had ups and downs, as always. More downs than ups, to be honest, but I exaggerated the ups and forgot the downs. I loved him, without a single doubt. I saw him as the perfect gentleman that I had never had, the perfect gentleman that I never thought I deserved.

During the first months things had been great. We had lived the fairytale story, in which boy meets girl and they seem to head to live happily ever after, but then it changed. He changed. I didn't know why.

He didn't like surprises: neither giving nor receiving them. He had told me that we wouldn't do anything for our anniversary, so I believed him. I really wanted to do something special, but I knew that there was no use in trying to convince him.

"Sweety pie" He said as he entered my house. My parents trusted him so much that they had given him my house's key. Of course that my parents weren't aware of Michael's behavior in the last months. Mom started to suspect, but of course that she wouldn't see it. She was never home anyways.

I, however, was madly in love with that boy. That boy that sometimes ignored me at school. That boy who sometimes denied me. I was in love with him.

"Hey Mikey" I responded, to which he approached me and kissed me.

"Happy one year anniversary!" He said handing me a small bag. I looked at it baffled.