Chapter 49

The rest of the night, Mito was crying to Kushina while Sakura tried to stay as far away from Orochimaru as possible. She never thought she could be so freaked out by a human being.
On the dance floor, Sasuke was twirling Naruto left and right and freely showing her affection he'd never shown anyone else.

Naruto closed her eye as Sasuke kissed her cheek for the hundredth time that night.

"Why do you keep kissing my cheek?" She sighed.
Sasuke spread his fingers on the small of Narutos back.
"It's how many times I would've kissed you tonight. You have no idea how much I want to know what those lips feel like."
"So cliché." Naruto shook her head as Sasuke buried into the crook of her neck.
"You may act like you don't like it but I know you do." He smirked. "Just wait until we share a chamber."
Naruto rolled her eyes. "Not with what I've seen."
Sasuke pouted and Naruto wrapped her arms around his neck. "We're not using your damn chamber. How about my room?"
"Pfft no." He shook his head. "No, absolutely not."
"It's not that bad."
"Look general when you marry me you reclaim your title as a princess, which means you will be treated like one."
"I don't like that. I hate being waited on."
"I'm sure you'll get used to it again."
"I wasn't used to it before I ran away your highness. I used to always help the cooks and servants."
"Oh is that so?"
"It is."
"Well maybe I'll have to teach you to sit back and relax."
Naruto looked at him uninterested. Sasuke smirked.
"And a few other things."
She scoffed. "Give it two hours and I'll be better than you."
"That confident in yourself huh?"
"Are you going to prove me wrong?"
"I'll make you sore." Sasuke kissed the corner of her mouth. "I also have some tricks up my sleeve."
"You do understand I will heal in a matter of hours correct?"
"Enough time to do other things to you."
Naruto punched Sasukes chest. "Nasty nasty man." She hissed.
Sasuke chuckled and pulled her closer. He looked up at the balcony to see Kushina glaring at him.
"Seems your mothers pissed at me."
"Kushina. She hasn't been my mother for a long time."
Sasuke hummed and snuggled into Narutos lavender scented hair.

When the Festival ended, it was just past one in the morning. Hinata was leaned on Naruto, beyond drunk on champagne.
Sasuke chuckled as he followed Naruto down the corridors.

"Sasuke!" Kushina growled.
The two looked behind them to see the queen stomping angrily toward him.
"You said you would marry Mito! What is this bullshit you have done?!"
He looked at the raging woman calmly. "I told you I would marry one of your daughters. When you confirmed that Naruto was your daughter you screwed your plan over."
Kushinas face turned red. "You are a disgrace!"
Naruto pulled on Sasukes sleeve. "Are you coming or not? I won't listen to this conversation for much longer."
Sasuke took a moment to observe Narutos face, before smiling and nodding. He slid his hand into hers and went to keep walking with her as Hinata rambled on about her big brother Neji. But Kushina grabbed Narutos shoulder, spun her around. She attempted to slap her but she dug her heel into the elders foot.
Kushina made a strained scream sound and Naruto released her foot.

"I'm no longer a child Kushina, you can not put your hands on me." Naruto picked Hinata up and looked at the woman crouching to smoothen the indent of Narutos heel from her foot. "Sasuke is right, you ruined your own plan when you gave him information about your other daughter, me. You can not retaliate when you were the stupid one."
Naruto looked at Sasuke and they walked away from Kushina. She glared at her daughter.
"Your not my daughter! From today on Mito will be the eldest princess, you have no land! And you have no family, I'm disowning you for your betrayal!"
Naruto snorted loose air and looked back at her mother. "I disowned you when I ran away Kushina... it doesn't matter anyways silly woman, I already have two fathers who care for me in their own way. You.. never cared about me." Naruto laughed as an evil thought entered her mind. She gave Hinata to Sasuke and spun to Kushina.

The largest, sickest smile was spread on Narutos lips as she walked toward Kushina until she was standing over her. She ran her fingers over her bottom lip and a sadistic look entered her eye.

"Mito doesn't have the beast Kushina." Naruto leaned down. "If you truly do disown me and give the title of future queen to Mito, the kingdom will fall. Your land will become the Sunagakures or the Iwagakures or even Konohagakures." She gave a small pat to Kushinas head. "I'll watch with much pleasure as that kingdom falls, much much much pleasure." She stood and cupped her hip with her left hand, allowing her engagement ring to shine proudly. Kushina clenched her still hurting foot. "If you truly do disown me Kushina, you will loose the Fires alliance. I have been apart of their family for ten years and soon will be Itachis sister-in-law. Best be careful with your next move, or it may just be checkmate for you."

~~**~~

Izumi stared at Naruto who was back in armor and standing beside Sasuke. She pouted.

"I thought them getting engaged meant she'd eat with us."
Itachi looked at his wife. "Naruto had made it clear she'd keep her position as general until they were married."
Izumi huffed. "Naruto you hate us, I know it!"
She raised an eyebrow. "What ever do you mean?" Naruto winked and Izumi grumbled something incoherent as they shared a last meal with their guests.

Today the Harunos and Namikazes would finally be going home.