Chapter 37

"Itachi I'm fine."
"I'm just making sure little brother. Your recovery was so quick it's kinda scaring me."
I saw Kabuto roll his eyes through the corner of my eye.
"If you say your fine... than why do you still have that burn?" I pointed the discoloration out on my little brothers skin.
"Your majesty that won't ever go away." Kabuto stated. "His skin was burned, its not like his other injuries that were inflicted upon him."
"Yes but what if it can still get infected."
Sasuke looked at me annoyed as Kabuto leaned on the desk. "Even if an infection were to surface it would never survive."
"How do you know? You can't predict your medicine will heal Sasuke for all his life."
"I can fortunately. When Naruto saved Sasuke she used her own special medicine." Kabuto pointed to the veins on his arm. "With her special medicine any injury he has won't be deathly. Even if he's shot—"
"Shot?!"
"Yes, the world is a growing place and the Sunagakure have always been the kingdom known for war. As I was saying, that type of injury would heal by the next morning."
"Damn... what type of medicine did Naruto use?"
Kabuto ignored him.
"Still. Narutos "special medicine" couldn't have healed him that quickly to allow him to walk and continue his studies and all."
"It does your majesty. If his highness so wished to—even if Naruto killed him for being a reckless dumbass—"
"Hey." My brother crossed his arms, feeling offended.
Kabuto continued to ignore him. "He could go out and fuck women like always. The difference is he'd have longer stamina and the alcohol you usually consume would burn through your body quicker."
My brother and I both looked at him in pure shock of this news.

Is Narutos blood that affective?

We were in shocked surprise even when two of the rookie knights came through the door. They looked from Kabuto to Sasuke and I.

"Uh... your majesty?" One called warily.
I didn't blame him, I've done the same when I walked in on something I didn't feel certain I should've seen.
Naruto is the main reason for my discomfort in my own home.
I hum, turning my attention towards them.
"Do you happen to know where the general is? Fuji got into a fight with one of our supervisors and there's a huge mess in the cafeteria. We would get Shisui but he was also in the fight."
I stared at them blankly.

What?!

"What time is it?"
"Um... early morning your majesty. The suns just rising behind the mountains."

Why is everything happening so early in the damn morning?

First Sasuke gets all of our attention by thinking he can run a marathon.
Second Naruto is nowhere to be found —which is scary seeing it's Naruto—...

Why does everything always include Sasuke and Naruto?!

I sigh and pinch my nose. Narrowing my eyes at my brother, I point a finger.
"I'm going to go and find Naruto. You stay here in bed."
Sasuke looked at me disapprovingly. "She may just be with that girl she was with yesterday Itachi. It's early in the morning, I doubt Narutos even awake."
Kabuto rolls his eyes at my brother for what I can only assume is the millionth time.
"Narutos like an owl but with sleep. She's rare to see asleep." He hit the palm of his hand as if that would get it through to my brother.
Sasuke huffed. "Whatever. If your going to go looking for Naruto, could I at least go to the library?"

All of us stared at Sasuke. I could feel my jaw drop at his question.

"Kabuto how effective is Narutos special medicine really?" I ask.

Sasuke hates reading. Ever since he was young and understood what reading was, he would avoid it at all costs. If you wanted Sasuke to learn, you'd actually have to tell him bedtime stories of our history, but that hadn't lasted for long seeing my brother isn't exactly stupid.