Chapter 5

Shisui yawned as he stood in the courtyard near the bottom of the wide staircase to the doors of the palace.
Looking up, he sighed tiredly at the diminishing light of the sun.

The Harunos were the last who would be arriving today- and thank gods for that. With the Tsuchis elaborate greeting, he couldn't handle any more ladies.. or lords.

"Harunos approaching!" Choji signaled from the top of the watch tower.
Rubbing himself free of any tiredness, Shisui stood with his legs shoulder-length apart and arms locked behind his back.

A carriage soon rolled through the front gates. Two horses slowing as the driver pulled at the reins.
The man tipped his hat just as the carriage came to a halt and let loose of the reins, hopping down and stalking to the back of the carriage. Another in metal armor pulled at the carriages handle, opening the small door.

Inside Shisui could see glimpses of lit oil lamps, silk and leather cushions. The first to block out such a view, was a man wearing a light attire the color of bash. He stepped down, smoothing his dull-pink hair to his head before holding a hand out.
A woman appeared, wearing a light green dress, with a sash the color of the man's overcoat.

Shisui smiled as the woman stepped down, pulling a loose piece of blonde hair behind her ear.
"Your majesties, it's a delight to see you again." He greeted, stepping forward and planting a chaste kiss on top of Haruno Mebukis knuckles.
"Yes it has." Was her short response.
Mebuki turned to watch as her husband helped their daughter from the carriage steps.

This young lady, Haruno Sakura, wore a fading-pink dress nearly the color of white with a red sash tied neatly in a bow at the back around her waist. Her dress was light and stylish, though she seemed no stranger to accessories.
Shisui noted the amount of pins inside her thick pink hair.

He bowed and placed another chaste kiss against Sakuras gloved knuckles.

"If you'd like to follow me, I can show you to the throne room."
Kizashi grunted, his eyes straying to the courtyard around. "Did that general of yours not see fit to get us herself?"
Shisui smiled over his shoulder, already hurrying up the stairs. "General Uzumaki is currently with their majesties, and his highness."
"Well," Kizashi sniffed.
Shisui sighed, already finding himself wishing he had left this part of the greetings to Naruto. Especially with the Harunos now here.

They walked through the large corridors, on top of the never-ending red carpet. Servants and knights, alike, bowed or curtsied when they passed before resuming their work.
When they reached the two dominating doors of the throne room, the pair of knights grabbed the handles and pulled the heavy wood apart.

Shisui bowed before Itachi, Izumi and Sasuke before announcing the family.
"Their majesty's and highness, Haruno Kizashi, Mebuki and Sakura."
He stepped to stand next to Naruto who had put the scroll out of view. Kizashi bowed his head in respect to Itachi and Izumi. The couple copied the motion.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Mebuki, Kizashi." Izumi smiled, "I see Sakura has grown quite a bit since you were last here."
Kizashi grunted, "Yes, she has. My daughter has become quite the befitting young woman."
Sakura smiled when all eyes turned to her. She curtsied.
"It's a pleasure to be in attendance, your majesties." She paused, eyes meaningfully turning to Sasukes. "Your highness."
He grunted.

Sasuke glanced at Naruto, she met his eye.
'The Wave,' she mouthed.
Sasuke only raised a brow. Sakura followed his gaze, turning to see Naruto.
She mouthed, 'Importing island.'
Sasuke only continued to look at her confused, Naruto sighed and motioned for him to face forward. He did, but Sakura continued to stare.

In the eyes of a woman raised as the heiress to a large trading island between Konoha, Kumo and Kiri, Sakura felt quite confident in herself. Becoming even more comfortable with her looks when others complimented her.
But this woman? Who stood next to that knight who had retrieved them?
Well, Sakura couldn't even see how she could stand next to her. She bit her lip to keep a scowl down as this woman wore the attire of a knight, and yet she had his highnesses attention.