Chapter 10

"Now your highness. If you could recite the Sunas native name it would be much appreciated."
The tutor lifted his glasses and looked up from the book to see Sasuke sleeping. His eye twitched.

With a slam of the book and hitting it onto the table, Sasuke shot up.

"Not now Naruto. I've got five more minutes."
"Sir Uzumaki is not here! And you are supposed to be listening!"
Sasuke rubbed his eyes as if he was a child and looked at Kabuto, his personal tutor.
"I'm nineteen. Not a child."
"Well we'd be done with all of these lessons if you'd STOP FALLING ASLEEP!!"
"Hey! Don't raise your voice at me!"

Kabuto stiffened and lowered his head, remembering who he was talking to.

"My apologies."
Sasuke scoffed. He leaned back as the library door opened to show Naruto and one other man Sasuke narrowed his eyes at.

"We heard yelling." The man explained, "is everything alright?"
Kabuto nodded, "Yes. Just a misunderstanding."
Naruto stared at Sasuke before looking back at Kabuto. "Lord Orochimaru may we finish this discussion later? You may take your wife and leave for the night. The room has been prepared."

Orochimaru smiled and nodded. "Yes that would be much appreciated. Kabuto."
Kabuto cleared his throat and walked passed Naruto to take orochimarus arm.
"How far along with the lesson had you gotten Kabuto?"
"Not as much as I wished."

Naruto nodded and closed the door when the two left.

"How many times.. have I told you to not.. disrespect people?!"
"He yelled at me." Sasuke growled.
"Kabuto is Orochimarus wife." Naruto hissed. "He agreed to torture you because I have too much work and no one else can deal with you."
Sasuke rolled his eyes.

It had only been a week since the masquerade ball but everything had gone back to normal as fast as someone snapping their fingers.

"I've never heard of an orochimaru."
Naruto slammed her hands on the table, successfully breaking it and scaring Sasuke. "Orochimaru is the lord who rules under the kingdom. In short he's the ruler of the underworld and Itachi had made it clear that orochimaru and the kingdom must stay in good terms. Disrespect Kabuto again and I will be dealing with you."
Sasuke stormed to his feet, making Naruto stand straight with her neck craned.
"I thought you were supposed to lock up the underworld."
"My job is none of your business-"
"I'm the prince."
"Not the king."

Sasuke was ready to go into a full on argument with Naruto when the door opened and Mito walked in.

Mito had proven to be more clingy than Sakura. Surprisingly seeing both women absolutely loved to fight over who'd sit next to him.
Sai, one of the knights, walked in afterward.

"General. There seems to be trouble in the throne room."
"What type of trouble?"
"His majesty just said to get you."

Naruto sighed and looked back up at Sasuke as Mito walked closer to them.

"On your best behavior. We can't afford more fights than your brother is stirring up."
Naruto followed Sai out, but Sasuke wasn't going to let naruto have the last word.
"You start more fights ya bitch!"

"Good afternoon Sasuke-kun!" Mito greeted, completely oblivious and not caring Sasuke had called one of his knights a bitch.

Sai looked down at Naruto as they walked toward the throne hall.

"I'm surprised you didn't go back and pummel his highness for calling you a-"
Naruto growled. Sai didn't finish, knowing it would get him extra work— servant work.
"I would've but it is different with the royals and families of courts. I can't be out of place."
"Most interesting. I'm sure everyone would love to see his highness be beaten into place by his personal guard."
"Sai."
"Yes general."

The two soon reached the throne hall where Naruto opened the doors to see the Yamanaka, Haruno and Suna family's fighting. Itachi was trying to calm everyone down but was just setting gas to the fire.

"This.. is what I was called for?"
"Yes they've been at it for quite some time."

Naruto sighed. "Sai get Lady Ino, Lady Sakura and Princess Temari out."
"And the adults?"
"I'll deal with them."
Sai nodded and went to each lady. Sakura was more of a fight but Ino and Temari didn't seem to mind.

Once the doors closed Naruto had caught enough of the argument to know why they were yelling.

"QUIET!!"

The hall went silent instantly and Izumi held onto Itachis arm, startled and scared. Itachi sighed in relief when he saw Naruto with her hand on her swords handle.
The guards and servants the families had brought seemed terrified and startled. Some had even fallen to the floor from jumping so high.

"What is with this fighting?! All of you are NOT children!" She scolded.
"Get your nose out of it General. This doesn't concern you."
Narutos eyes flashed red. This intrigued Sabaku Gaara.
"It concerns me Lord Kizashi when the king calls for me himself because of this ruckus." Naruto snarled. She stepped into the middle, officially blocking the families from one another. "And to be fighting because of this marriage is not why we arranged it."
"You arranged this for my daughter to marry his highness." Inoichi growled.
"Wrong." Narutos eyes were sharp as they looked at the men, the women rightfully standing down. "His majesty thought it be best if the lady's and prince chose. Not the parents."
"What's that supposed to do?! We've seen how unruly his highness is! He'll only choose the hottest of our children to marry! And will only use her for children!"
"Isn't that why you accepted this offer?"
The fathers and servants looked at her stunned. "You all accepted this offer knowing full well what Prince Sasuke was like. You will not be fighting about who's daughter will marry prince Sasuke than use prince Sasukes unruly behavior against me, his personal guard and the general of the Fire Kingdom.
I do agree that Prince Sasukes behavior is unruly but he is and will always be the prince. As far as I am concerned if you care so much about what your daughter will be marrying. I suggest you get into your carriages and go home. I will not stand for you to ridicule a man, while being childish, is a good person. You have until the morning to pack your bags. If you do not leave by eight a.m. tomorrow, I will not tolerate anymore selfish behavior from you lot."
With that Naruto turned to Itachi.
"I expect you to get the butlers to prepare the carriages and inform all of the other families of this."
"Of course."

The families were left speechless as Naruto left. They turned to Itachi who had actually listened to one of his guards.

"Shisui."
"I'm on it."

"Your majesty you can't be serious."
"She is a mere soldier."
"That girl has no right to talk to us like that."
"We are of higher rank than her."
"She has none of our respect."

"Uzumaki Naruto is my most trusted knight. Her word is final and if any of you dare to ignore her I will strip your families of their status and find another family more suitable for the position."
The families were speechless as Itachi stood and turned to Izumi. "Outside looks lovely today. Join me for tea in the gardens?"
She smiled and took his arm. "Of course."

The two walked out, leaving the families to debate whether or not his majesty was truthful or if this was all a bluff to make the competition lower.