Chapter 5

7.8k words.... Don't ask

________________________

Y/n took the food that was set on the counter before walking over to the table of people who ordered it and placing it down, along with glass of water. "Enjoy!" Y/n said, she walked away to the next table and placed the food down as well, she saw more people come in here so she'll have to take their order as well. Aurora is usually sleeping at this time, so she should still be asleep in her room. Y/n doesn't like leaving Aurora alone, but she can't just bring her to her job. Besides, Aurora isn't bold or troublesome, she always listens to everything Y/n says most of the time. So she should be fine on her own for a few minutes til she gets back home, even so Y/n still worries for her. Y/n put down the plate on the other table as well, she heard the front door open and she lifted her head to look at who entered, wait ... Why does that face seem so familiar? Y/n studied it more as the person walked inside, with a couple of his friends behind him. Y/n widened her eyes upon realizing who that is, oh shoot. It's a bully from her high school, she didn't see Jacob for a long long time. He'd always bully the quiet kids or odd kids, and that included her of course. Jacob seemed to spot her as well and he stared at her for a bit before he winked with a smile.

Y/n ignored him and just headed back to put the plate away, God... She just hopes that he won't bring anything up or try to talk to her. She's not sure whenever he changed or not, but honestly she kind of doubts it. He was super mean to everyone in school, not even for once in his life feeling guilty. Y/n began to go over to the new customers and taking their orders with a smile on her face, she could feel eyes on her but she didn't dare look away, she's not sure whenever someone is actually staring at her or if it's her paranoia. She tried to avoid going to Jacob's table or looking at him the best she could, but she had to go to the table sooner or after. She doesn't want to get fired. Once delivering food to the table, she walked over to the where Jacob was at, he was with three of his friends Y/n didn't recognize, so none from high school. "What would you like?" Y/n asked, hoping that he would try talking with her much. "Long time no see, you know for someone that was a nerd in school I thought you'd be doing something, well ... Better than this." Jacob said, his friends laughed and one let out a 'ooo', Y/n could feel herself getting annoyed but she kept her cool.

"What would you like?" Y/n repeated her words, this time more firmly. She wasn't having none of this bullshit. "Sorry, sore subject? Even so, that's not very nice y'know... We didn't see each other for a long time and this is the hello I get?" Jacob asked, Y/n was seriously getting mad right now. "I have plenty more of people to serve, if you won't order anything I advise you to leave." Y/n said, Jacob rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine, fine." Jacob said playfully and he finally, FINALLY gave up and just told her what they wanted, Y/n wrote it down before going back to deliver the order to the chief. She took the plates from the table when people left and put them away, while she was about to go put the food on the table, she passed by where Jacob was and she could feel her leg hit something, she lost balance for a split second but managed to catch herself before she fell, also saving the food by an inch, that was TOO close... Y/n looked back at Jacob knowing very well he tripped her on purpose, but Jacob was just looking away and pretending like he didn't see anything, like nothing happened. Y/n wished she could attack him, but he'd probably be more powerful than her and then she'd lose her job.

It's okay Y/n, relax. Just a few more minutes and your shift is over, then you can go home and be with Aurora. Y/n put the plate on the table, then walked away and this time, luckily, Jacob didn't try to trip her. After a few minutes Y/n grumbled once she realized who the next plate was for, the sooner this is done the better. She began to walk over to Jacob's table and placed the food down. "Thanks, you're such a sweetheart. Maybe I have a chance to get your number?" Jacob asked, raising his eyebrows up and down as his friends laughed. Y/n decided to ignore him, if she reacts to his response it'll only get worse for her, she doesn't want to embarrass herself. She walked away and tried her best to ignore the laughter, God she hates them so much. But as much as she wished she could've done something it would only embarrass her. Much to her surprise, when Jacob and his friends finished eating they just left. She thought that they'd make fun of her more, but she's glad they didn't. Y/n sighed with relief, now she can just go back to doing her job without anyone bothering her.