Chapter 4

Words; 3.4k

_______________

  "C'mon, stay close okay?" Y/n whispered to Aurora who just gave her a small nod. Aurora was three years old now, she's grown so much in the past few years. She's not sure if it's normal, but Aurora was definitely more smarter than any three year old toddler she met, maybe it's because she's not exactly a human. As soon as she was born just at least a week later she was able to say her first words which really surprised Y/n. And over the next few months she was learning quite a lot already, Y/n wasn't sure whenever that was a good or a bad thing, but even so it wasn't really that easy taking care of Aurora, she tried to be the best mom she can for her but it's difficult when your child wants to go out and just have friends, knowing that's impossible because of their appearance... Y/n was holding her hand as they walked, due to Aurora being a part human, she had to hide from people. And has to wear long skirts enough to hide her tail in them, during winter she had to wear long jackets. If it was summer, and especially if it was too hot she couldn't go out at all because her fur would show, she'll need to wear shorter clothes due to heat. Y/n wasn't sure what would happen if people knew about her true appearance, but if she was in their skin she would be confused as well. She really can't risk anyone seeing her, she resembles Wukong too much.

Though her golden fur is little lighter than his, she definitely has his eyes, her face also has a mark, though it's same mark as Wukong's it's a different color, instead of peach color instead it was brown, well, to be exact the color was between brown and red. It's a mix of both, something in between. She had straight long hair, a little wavy. She reminded her of Wukong so much, Y/n was afraid if people saw her they'd see the resemblance as well. Or maybe they would be disgusted by her appearance, and she really doesn't want to see Aurora sad, ever. So she'll do anything to protect her as long as she could, but she knows that she won't be able to protect her for long. Once Aurora grows up, she will get tired of being stuck inside all the time, is what Y/n predicts. After all, being all alone inside your house and not having any friends can be very upsetting. But for now, Y/n has to keep Aurora hidden no matter what. They were walking through the streets, as usual there were a lot of people around, no one paid any attention to them. The wind was cold and chilly, it was winter after all. "Mom?" Aurora asked making Y/n look at her. "Yes?" Y/n asked, Aurora was rather a quiet kid.

She didn't talk too much when around people, but when she's with Mei or Y/n, she can act like herself. "Can we go home?" Aurora asked making Y/n frown. "But I thought you wanted to go out." Y/n said, Aurora was telling her that she wanted to leave the house and how bored she was so Y/n decided to go to shop to buy what she needs and brings Aurora with her. "But I thought we were going to go somewhere fun..." Aurora said, Y/n sighed and looked forward once more. "Well..." Y/n trailed off, it's true that they didn't go anywhere much in the past few days, Aurora didn't really even leave the house much. They could use some fun. "Alright. How about we go to the playground afterwards, hm?" Y/n asked making Aurora smile a little. Though she didn't reply Y/n knew that Aurora was grateful. Y/n noticed that they were already in front of the store, she went inside and began looking for what she needed. Aurora was following her and keeping close to her just as Y/n taught her to, every time a person would pass by them Y/n could feel Aurora pull even closer to her, hugging her leg. Y/n isn't sure whenever Aurora is shy or anxious, but she really hopes that she's not scared.

Humans aren't bad, well, mostly. They wouldn't hurt a innocent little child. "Come on." Y/n said softly making Aurora snap out of her thoughts, they walked away to the cashier and waited patiently. Aurora was still standing close to her. Once Y/n came in line the cashier looked down at the child and smiled. "Helping your mommy out?" The cashier asked, Aurora just hugged Y/n's leg even tighter and hid her face, Y/n couldn't help but giggle at her shyness, the cashier seemed amused too. "She's a little shy." Y/n said, the cashier just smiled. "Don't worry about it! she's really cute." The cashier said, much to Y/n's surprise the cashier looked very cheerful. Most workers she met at this place just look so dull all the time. Y/n began to pack food into the bag as the lady swiped credit card. Once Y/n finished, the lady gave her a smile. "Have a nice day!" Y/n just smiled back at her, unsure what to say. She's not best at interacting with people herself. This is seriously too awkward, she should leave. "Thanks, you too." Y/n said before leaving and just like that she felt like she could breathe again, all pressure in her body now gone.