Chapter 3

2.6k words

_____________

   "I don't know, Mei... You know I'm bad at meeting new people." Y/n said, Mei was leading her away to a place called Pigsy's noodles, apparently Mk got a new job there and the people there were friendly according to Mei who said that Tang is very chill as well as Pigsy. Y/n decided to trust her on it, she wouldn't mind going for some noodles right now considering she is very hungry. She's about three months pregnant now, and lately she's been more tired than usual, wanting to do nothing but sleep and eat. She's not sure if she'll be a good mother, but she's willing to try her best. "Pssh, I told you they're chill! Now come on!" Mei urged her, Y/n noticed a sign that said 'Pisgy's noodles', she didn't realize that the shop was that close. Y/n followed after Mei as she walked inside the shop. "Hey guys!" Mei said, Y/n noticed that there was pretty much no one besides a guy eating noodles and the chef she suspects is Pigsy. "Hey Mei. Oh- and who's that?" Tang asked, his eyes landing on her. He looked a little curious. "This is Y/n, I told you about her!" Mei huffed in anger, Tang widened his eyes in surprise.

"Oh, I remember you now. Mei talks about you sometimes." Tang said, Mei had her hand on Y/n's back and lead her over to sit on a chair beside Tang making her a little nervous. "Well, uh ..." Y/n wasn't sure how to reply so she looked around for a excuse to change the topic. Her eyes landed on a book that was on the table. "You read books?" Y/n asked nervously, she looked at Mei who was talking to Pigsy, probably ordering them noodles. "Oh, I actually do." Tang said, Y/n's eyes drifted back to him and she watched as he put the plate down and took the book in his hands instead. "But this one is about the legendary Monkey King. I don't usually read these because I've already read them multiple times, but Mk was curious about him before he went to deliver the noodles." Tang mentioned, he handed her the book and Y/n took it in her hands and studied it, a frown replacing her lips. Wukong... Wukong is quite famous and there are events all around about him, people still talk about the legendary Monkey King. But despite Y/n hearing many many times about it it still manages to upset her. She wished that he was here with her, she wished she could talk to him again.

But as much as she wanted it, her fear was greater than her will to see him again. "Why is he curious about Monkey King?" Y/n asked Tang, Tang just shrugged his shoulders. "He wanted to know more about him, besides a lot of people are curious about Monkey King. No one knows where the hidden Flower Fruit mountain in and no one saw the Monkey King years upon years." Tang mentioned, Y/n hummed. She really didn't know much about Wukong herself when she first met him, all she knew was that he's a immortal and that he's super important, or something. She doesn't know everything quite well herself, she wasn't interested in it as a kid. "You seem to know a lot." Y/n said, well he does wear glasses as well. "I suppose I do. But I don't know that much." Tang said, Y/n saw that Pigsy put the plate in front of her. "Here you go, enjoy." Pigsy said before going back to work, Y/n took the chopsticks and took a bite of the noodles, it was surprisingly very good. Better than she expected. "I see you're expecting." Tang said making Y/n snap out of her thoughts. "Huh?" Y/n asked, Tang pointed down at her stomach and Y/n realized what he's talking about. "Oh, yeah. I am." Y/n said. Being pregnant wasn't really that easy.

You get tired, you wanna eat more, your back hurts, your stomach hurts, it's a pain in the ass. For now you can do chores around the house but at one point you'll just be too tired to do them all. "So who's the father?" Tang asked, Y/n avoided his gaze and stared at the noodles in front of her. "Oh er... He left." Y/n said, Tang's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked..." Tang looked nervous now and guilty, Y/n just shook her head and gave him a smile. "It's alright. I'm not mad." Y/n said, Tang hummed and put the book away. "So have you thought about naming the baby?" Tang asked, Y/n was eating the noodles but she stopped to reply. "Oh, not yet. I don't even know if it's a girl or a boy." Y/n said, it's not like she'll be able to tell anytime soon anyway. She can't visit the doctors obviously, imagine their shock when they see a baby monkey instead of a normal human baby. She's still not sure whenever her baby will look like Wukong, but she won't risk it. "I see." Tang just nodded his head, they continued eating their noodles in silence. Y/n was about to ask something but someone else spoke. "Okay I delivered the noodl- Y/n!?" Y/n looked to her left and spotted Mk who was shocked but his shock turned into excitement.