Chapter 2

Words; 4.3k
_______________

Y/n groaned and opened her eyes, she could see sunlight seeping through the curtains, she felt oddly warm and fuzzy. Wukong was nearly on top of her, with his head at the crook of her neck but he was still sleeping. She could tell by the way his breathing was heavy. Her neck was still sore from the previous night, her face blushed red remembering what had happened. She actually did it... She never had the guts to confess to Wukong, but she's glad it all worked out in the end. Y/n began to caress his hair making Wukong whimper but he soon relaxed and continued sleeping. Y/n was starting to feel hungry, she might as well cook some eggs and bacon, she can cook some for Wukong too if he's hungry. Y/n tried to move away from him but it was more difficult than she expected, he had a death grip on her. Y/n was close to escaping, but then Wukong's grip on her tightened even more. "Where are you going? It's Sunday..." Wukong mumbled, he opened his eyes and pulled her back to the bed, hugging her close to him. "You humans don't do anything on Sunday, right?" Wukong asked, Y/n gave him a smile.

"Yeah, but I need to make breakfast. I'll make something for you too." Y/n said, Wukong gave her a fake pout but he let her go. Y/n got up from the bed and began to dress back into her clothes, she could feel Wukong's eyes burn on her making her nervous. Y/n turned around to look at Wukong who had his palm on his cheek, staring at her with a smile. "What? I can't look?" Wukong asked, but the smile remained on his face. "Well-- you-" Y/n wasn't really sure how to reply to him, they had sex, why is she shy all of a sudden? Wukong's smile widened. "Anyway I'll be in the kitchen." Y/n said, once she got fully dressed she left and headed towards the kitchen. Though it made her forget about her previous events, she still had to find a new job and she had to find it soon. Y/n began to cook bacon and eggs, but her mind was still glued to how her boss fired her, all she ever wanted in life and practiced for was to be a fashion designer, she doesn't know any other company nearby that she can apply to. So where else can she work? Hopefully she finds something. Y/n tensed up when she felt hands wrap around her waist but she soon relaxed realizing it's just Wukong.

He rested his head on her shoulder, Y/n couldn't help but smile. "I know this is too sudden, but..." Wukong trailed off, Y/n could feel him move away from her. "I have to go back to the mountain." Wukong said, Y/n turned around to look at him. He was fully dressed now, Y/n gave him a frown. "So soon?" Y/n asked, Wukong sighed and rested his hand on his hip, his other hand scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry peaches, but there's a demon that I didn't take care of yet. He's been causing a lot of chaos. Just when I was about to finish him, he fled." Wukong explained, well she could understand that. After all, Wukong does have his own job to do and that's saving the world. "It's okay. Good luck, then." Y/n said, Wukong stepped closer to her and gave her a quick kiss. "Thank you. I'll be back before you know it." Wukong said, Y/n watched him go and disappear out of her sight, she sighed before turning back to cooking. Well, she hopes he returns soon. Meanwhile she should look for a new job.

After a few days, Y/n was unsuccessful to find a new job. Mei invited her to a coffee shop and Y/n agreed to come, she could use someone to talk to right now. Mei and Y/n are childhood friends, but Mei was two years younger than her. Even if they're really close, Mei isn't her best friend, her best friend is Mk. She has no idea who Mk is, she never really saw him but she doesn't mind. She's happy enough to be just Mei's friend. Y/n entered the coffee shop and her eyes trailed around people, once her eyes landed on Mei who waved at her she smiled and walked over to her. "Y/n, so glad you came!" Mei said enthusiastically, Y/n took a seat and gave her a nod. "How could I not? I can't just leave you to be alone." Y/n said, last time she declined to come because she was busy but right now she's not, because she doesn't have a job. And she's super sad to do anything. "So did you beat that high score?" Y/n asked, she remembers Mei was frustrated because someone beat her high score in a game and she swore to train until she finally took the first place once more. "No, not yet. He set an even higher score..." Mei said, she looked annoyed as she blew hair out of her face. "But I'm not giving up!" Mei added, Y/n chuckled. That's the Mei she knows.