65

The room was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from the fireplace and the few candles on the wooden mahogany desk. The sound of quill on parchment accompanied the crackling of the fire as it destroyed all of the wood.

A man with silky black hair sat on a luxurious red armchair behind the wooden mahogany desk. His red eyes seemed to glow in the dark as they scanned the parchment in front of him. 

He had been sitting on that exact same position for more than two hours straight, and he felt the effects of sitting too long crawling up his spine. 

Tom sighed, putting down his quill on the parchment, making sure that there was no ink on it as to not destroy his neatly written letter. He leaned against the chair, eyes closed. There was a few more minutes left until the meeting started. 

He quickly ran through the things that will be discussed during the meeting, which will be quite a lot. With the final third task coming up, then that means that his plan was coming to an end real quick. And the moment it ended, everything would be just fine... He hoped.

Well, it would if there weren't any sudden complications or obstacles blocking his pavement to success.

Minutes later, the door slammed open, causing Tom to pull out his wand from the holster on his waist, pointing it at the intruder. The holster was a gift from Harry a year ago during Christmas. It was beautiful, black in color with green lining its sides.

"Woah, slow your horses Tom." Sirius laughed in that voice of his. Narrowing his eyes, Tom flicked the wand back to his holster. 

"What do you want?" The Dark Lord growled out, remembering to keep his temper in check. As much as he enjoyed having Sirius on his side, he was still a joker from back in his Hogwarts day. If it were up to Tom, Sirius would not even be still alive. But if it makes Harry happy, so be it. Because an unhappy Harry was a scary Harry.

And even though Tom was a Dark Lord, he got to admit, that Harry was a scary person. 

Sirius flopped onto the sofa in the room, just in front of the warm fireplace. "Nothing much. I was just bored. Remus is taking our daughter out on a little 'father-daughter' bonding trip. And he had the audacity to not invite me. I wonder why."

Tom could definitely wonder why.

"And Lucius is pretty pent up with frustration, better not annoy him more." Sirius concluded, eyes glancing at Tom. "So that means... you're the only person left."

He groaned into the parchment. Closing his eyes, Tom resigned to his fate. 

~

Night fell onto the manor. The full moon shined brightly on the manor's ground, illuminating the green found in the gardens.

Cloaks of black quickly filled up the empty garden, forming a circle around a bright firepit. They were anxiously waiting for their leader to show up. You could feel the tension radiating from the men in black. 

After all, it was the first 'official' meeting in which the entire living and loyal Death Eaters have gathered in one location. Previously, only a few select Death Eaters (the higher rankings) had the honor to meet Tom in all his true beauty.

A man in black, his platinum blonde peeking through the hood, stood in front of the lines of Death Eaters. "Evening everyone. Today, we are pleased to announce to you that the Dark Lord is finally back amongst us."

Hushed whispers quickly increased in volume as everyone started asking questions to one another.

'Lucius' cleared his throat to catch everyone's attention. "Unfortunately, he isn't feeling too well, so instead, I will be representing him during this gathering." 

He continued on with explaining and introducing the Death Eaters one by one back into the ranks. The Death Eaters had their own ranks, Black being the most loyal and dangerous, and White being the newbies.

Meanwhile, the real Lucius was standing next to the window on the third floor of the manor, looking out at the group of black gathered downstairs. 

Little did those gathered on the garden know, there was another meeting taking place in the manor. The 'Lucius' was a hologram, an illusion casted by Harry as soon as he arrived.

Tom, Harry, Sirius, Remus, and Severus were sitting next to a long wooden table.  Tom  sitting in front with Harry as his second. 

"The third task is coming up. Is everyone well briefed with the plan?" Tom asked, looking around the room. 

Everyone nodded in sync, as they had been given files filled with details of the plan a few weeks back. 

The plan was simple. Harry was going to make sure that he reached the Triwizard Cup the first. When he reached it, Sirius and Remus are going to work together to take down the wards surrounding Hogwarts. The Cup acts as a sort of alarm. Once it recognizes Harry's touch, it will alert the Death Eater in the plan to apparate straight onto Hogwart's ground.

And then...

"They're done." Lucius said, moving his position near the window. 

And sure enough, there were the sounds of apparating, sounds of wizards and witches leaving the premises of the Manor. 

"Harry have you prepared for the task?" Tom asked, leaning forward.

Harry hummed. "Well, I did learn up on some spells that could be useful during the Task. Unless I know the creatures that I shall face, I couldn't really prepare for it."

Sirius grinned with a grin that clearly says 'That's my son'. "That's great Harry. I'm so glad you have my genes." 

"Sorry, Sirius. But I think that it's clearly my genes being passed on." Remus cut in, a sharp glint in his eyes. 

The two began to squabble over who Harry takes after, which argument only get stopped by Harry clearing his throat.

"Actually... I think its from the 4 founders and Merlin...?"

Shouts came from the manor that night.