48

<3rd POV>

Harry leaned against the cool window as the train flew past the empty fields, with the occasional cottages and small villages every now and then. His friends were gathered in the same compartment, talking about the Quidditch World Cup that happened during the summer.

It was nearly 5, meaning that they were getting much closer to Hogwarts. Another thing that still nerved him to the core was the fact that Potter hadn't had her annual visit to the compartment to greet (*cough* annoy *cough*) them yet.

Alec was staring at Draco with heart eyes, and Harry internally cringed at the way Draco was completely oblivious to the black haired actions and intentions. He remembered a time back in their 3rd year when Alec had offered to go out with Draco to Hogwarts alone. Just the two of them. When Draco came back, he kept on insisting that it was just a hangout.

"2 friends can hang out together alone can't they?"

'Well Draco, friends don't just buy gifts for one another for fun. Especially expensive gifts and jewelry.' (Draco had received a set of silver cufflinks from Alec during Christmas last year). 

Blaise was busy explaining the match to Luna Lovegood, who unfortunately couldn't make it to the match. Harry bet that Blaise would confess to Luna this year. Luna was Draco's cousin, but was in Ravenclaw. A little bit weird. Definitely. But that doesn't make her insane or 'Loony' like what Potter liked to call her.

Theo had disappeared a while ago, running off to somewhere. 

Daphne had her nose tucked in her book about alchemy. She had mentioned something about the book being a new release from a renowned alchemist. Harry hadn't bothered to ask about it. 

Daphne Greengrass. Definitely one of the prettiest lady in their year. If only Harry could gather his courage to ask her out. 

If you asked Harry what made Daphne attractive to him, he would launch into an hour long speech explaining every good quality. Her blue eyes, blonde hair, pale skin, and long fingers. 

So yes. Harry may... have a small crush on her. 

~

The sun was slowly setting, letting the stars and the moon to appear in the now darkening sky. After discussing the Quidditch tournament, they had proceeded onto debating about the Triwizard tournament, betting on which school would win. 

Draco had supported Hogwarts (there are many good students in Slytherin, Ravenclaw, or even Hufflepuff), Blaise had chosen Durmstrang (they have knowledge about dark magic), Daphne had chosen Beauxbatons (girls should not be underestimated). 

Harry had remained neutral in throughout the conversation, acting as their referee, making sure their debate won't become more intense and turn into a straight out shouting match.

The train ride was nonetheless uneventful... until she came. 

"Look who we found." the all too familiar sneer came from the doorway. Harry turned his head only to see the smug face of Potter, Weasley, and Granger.

"What are you doing here Potter?" Draco spat quickly standing up. 

"I heard that you were in the Quidditch World Cup, did you know we were in the Top Box?" Weasley cut in, eager to boast.

"We were there too Weasley, we have eyes as well." Daphne rolled her eyes as she flipped a page on her book.

Weasley's face and ears turned as red as his ears as he sputtered out nonsense, like a faulty water fountain. Granger's eyes immediately zeroed in onto the cover of Daphne's book.

"That's 'Alchemy 102'! How did you get that? It hadn't been published yet! It won't be published till the end of the year!" 

"My dad knows the author and he gave it to me for my birthday present." Daphne replied calmly before setting the book aside protectively at her side.

"I think that you had overstayed our welcome." Harry quickly stepped in before a fight could occur. He just couldn't deal with a fight this early into the school year. 

Potter let out a humph before storming away, quickly followed by her two cronies. 

"Well that was uneventful." Alec remarked.

"I just couldn't deal with all their problems this early into a year. Next week. Ask me next week, and I'll let you guys argue all you want." Harry answered without missing a beat back slumping against the chair. Jadeite, who was curled under the chair during the entire ride, finally peeked out as she slithered up Harry's leg into his lap.

"I don't think she knows anything about the tournament though..." Blaise said.

"As if, James and Dumbledore are close. They must've planned it all out." Alec quickly countered. 

Soon enough the compartment filled  with playful bickering. Just like how Harry liked it.