57

Tom stood in his usual spot in his study, looking out the window at the garden. The winter was coming, there was a slight wind which shook the remaining leaves on the trees, stone pathway  littered with orange and red leaves. 

He was known to the Wizarding World as many things. To some people, the Dark Lord, to the majority of the community, You-Know-Who, or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, to those brave yet foolish people, Voldemort, and to an even smaller fraction of people, Tom Marvolo Riddle.

For all his life, Tom has known suffering, has even made darkness his closest companion. A half-blood with a deceased pureblood mother, and an arrogant useless muggle father. He had grown up in an orphanage, a horrible one at that. When he turned 11 and entered the castle known as Hogwarts, he was shunned for being a half-blood in Slytherin. Not to mention the gazes Dumbledore sent him whenever they passed. 

He lost himself to the darkness, and it was a horrible time. He spent years stuck in a dark void, not being fully in control of his mind, only thing in his mind is greed for power. Until a first-year with bright emerald eyes approached him. 

The Dark Lord would not admit it, but ever since the 11 year old Hadrian found him, he felt more... peaceful, well at least as peaceful as a Dark Lord could be. He had less 'torturing follower session', less killing sprees, and most of the raids he had organized result in less than 5 deaths, a drastic decrease from the last few years. 

Now, after 4 meticulous years of planning, he could finally start the plan, and according to Harry, the plan was working properly. But that was just the start. Harry joining the Triwizard would definitely help the plan to work more efficiently. Just like the duo had suspected, Evelyn Potter had been put down as one of the champions, with the Delacour daughter and the Quidditch player. 

Crouch Jr. has assumed the position as the Defense Against Dark Arts professor, using Polyjuice potion to look like Mad Eye Moody. As Tom had said, it was going just as planned.

Tom walked back towards his study table, grabbing a piece of parchment, dipped his quill into the inkpot and began writing.

~

Potions was exciting, just like how the rest of the Potions class were. It was the time when Potter would annoy Severus a lot, and the time when Severus would embarrass her back. 

It was going well, Severus was in the middle of... criticizing Potter's potion (an antidote potion, something Harry could do in his sleep ever since he was 8) when there was a knock on the door. 

The Potions teacher scowled at the door that slowly opened to reveal Colin Creevy, a 3rd year Gryffindor mouse. The light from the halls filtered into the cold dark Potions dungeons.  

Creevy gave a bright smile towards Potter before the smile faded slightly at the thought of having to talk with Snape. Potter smiled back, a smile that made bile creep up Harry's throat, oblivious to the conflicted thoughts running around the younger's face. 

"Excuse me Professor Snape, I'm supposed to take Evelyn Potter upstairs... for something about the Triwizard Tournament. Since she's a champion, she's required to attend..." 

The scowl on the teacher's face deepen before sneering, "Potter still has another hour of Potions. She will go upstairs once the class is over."

Either Creevy was very brave or very stupid, but he challenged the Professor. "But Professor, Mister Bagman wants her upstairs now. He says its for the Weighing of Wands sir." 

Severus took a deep breath. "Fine, pack your things and get out." 

The two just made it out the door, before an unexpected voice spoke up. 

"If it's for Triwizard Tournament, why is Harry not invited." Daphne asked nonchalantly, but her eyes betrayed her true intentions. Malice hid in the corner of her blue eyes. 

Creevy turned red, letting out a nervous giggle while scratching the back of his neck. 

"Right, I forgot. Yeah, its for both, so... he needs to go up as well."

The remaining Slytherins began to snicker at Creevy after being exposed and embarrassed. That definitely shows why Daphne Greengrass remains as the Ice Queen. 

Harry began to pack his bags, giving a rather thankful smile to the Queen, and the other returning it. Draco and Blaise, who sat on the table besides him, gave him a knowing look, both simultaneously raising their eyebrows.

The three made their way up the stairs, footsteps echoing across empty hallway as most of the students have classes to attend. Throughout the way, Potter and Creevy kept on chattering, Creevy doing most of the fanboying. Harry always stood three steps behind the duo, not wanting to intrude (or even listen to them). 

"Here it is, good luck!" The last part was directed to Potter, who simply nodded.

The rest of the champions were already there waiting for them to arrive. Krum was leaning against the wall, legs crossed, and he raised his head in acknowledgement for Harry. (Potter was turning green with envy as she noticed the gesture was not directed towards her). Fleur, who was sitting down on one of the many chairs, stood up and gave Harry a kiss in the cheek. He managed to control his... hormones that unfortunately came up with puberty. Lucky for him, her Veela charms did not work on him.

Rita Skeeter, a reporter from the Daily Prophet that Sirius and Remus had a few choice words about, walked over to pull Evelyn Potter away. Most likely for an interview with the god damn Girl-Who-Just-Cant-Die. 

"How are you Ms. Delacour? Mr. Krum? I hope that Hogwarts is up to your expectations." Harry started, starting up a conversation between the two other champions.

Viktor cracked a rare smile. "It is definitely better than I expected." 

For the past few days, the three champions have gotten rather friendly. They had passed each other in the hallway and greeted them. 

They continued to converse for a while until Evelyn Potter and Rita Skeeter appeared from the closet, where they had chosen to talk. Ollivander assumed his position in the middle of the room, and decided to start the ceremony. 

A/N: hehe ikik i said thatd i upload it once a week but well life has different plans.