Chapter 17: All My Fault

ابدأ من البداية

When we got close and could finally see the warehouse, it all clicked in my memory. The warehouse was on top of a small hill, it was like déjà vu when I saw it. This was it, this was from the story. My brother is inside that building. 

I flew the bike up and jumped off it as it flew over the hill. I ran full speed to the door.

"Robin!" I scream out as I approached the door. 

Before I could get to it though, the whole building exploded in my face. 

Batman managed to grab me from behind and roll on top of me, protecting me from the blast as much as possible. I still felt the heat and the power of the explosion, parts of the building landing all around us as Batman pressed me further into the ground, guarding me.

"Oh god, no." I breath out as the explosion ends. "Jason." 

I get up and run into the remains of the building, trying to find him. I search, and so does Batman. We are lifting and throwing debris around everywhere. My hands never stop moving until finally, I find him. 

I scream out in terror and disbelief when I find his dead, broken, burned, destroyed body. He's still in his Robin uniform, blood splattered all over it, along with bright yellow words written across his torso.

'Ha Ha Ha

Joke's on you,

Batman'

"Jason

"Jason." Batman breathes out in shock from behind me.

I shake my head in disbelief. "No. No this wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to stop this. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry Jason, I did this, I failed you." I shakily gasp out in between the sobs forming in my chest. I desperately kiss his bloody forehead, tears streaming down my face as I feel my world crumble around me. I feel like a hole has just been shot through my heart, through my very soul. 

I scream out in pure agony as I clutch my brother's body tightly to me, all life from him gone. As I feel myself going numb, my scream dies out as I just clutch him to me while I rock him gently.

"Ana... this wasn't your fault." I vaguely hear Bruce say, but my mind has begun to check out. I'm locking myself up, numbing myself from the heartache because it's too much for me. I'm shutting down completely, unable to handle the reality anymore. 

I release my twin only when I feel Bruce trying to take him from me. At first I don't let him go, clutching his charred and bleeding remains in a false hope that he might wake up again. After a few more gentle attempts, I release him. I know he'll be safe with Bruce, my brain registers that much at least in this moment. I can't hear what Bruce's saying to me though, his words are meaningless. I can't even get up from the ground. I've lost all my will, all my strength.