Chapter 16

A/N- Hey guys! Thanks for your patience, I've been busy and stressed lately and writer's block can be a pain. Anyway, enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sakura,

I don't know if I'll make it out of this one alive; my team and I have been spotted during an information-gathering mission. I do not have a lot of time, so I want you to know that I love you.

-Your Brother.

Sakura's eyes were staring off. She didn't know what to do with this information. She was still bedridden, she didn't know where he was, what the mission was for, and why he would send a letter. The more Sakura thought about it the more dread built up. "What if it is the Shinko?" She thought, "What if my worst nightmare came true?" It was decided then. She ripped out the IV, grabbed her clothes, and popped a chakra pill.

She was going back to Konoha.

—-----------------------------------------------------

"Shiro."

"Yes?"

"Should we keep the shinobi in the vase as the Uchiha boy says?"

"As long as it does not get in the way of our true mission. That man has demolished most of my family, and has killed my brother. I will get what our family has desired, and in the process kill what's precious to his family. And for all we know, perhaps the Uchiha boy is right. If the Cherry Blossom is truly a part of the Village Hidden in the Leaves where they are all about teamwork and camaraderie, who's to say she won't help out her own kin?"

"Orochimaru's apprentice does not respect our abilities,"

"As I said earlier, we need to keep him doubting, so what if he underestimates us? We get the upper hand." He smirked and his eyes glinted blue as the reflection of the sun almost made his hair look...white.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sai"

There was a flash of light, and a streak of pink, but it was over as soon as it had started.

"Sai"

The voice sounded familiar...but he couldn't pinpoint who it was that said it. There was another flash of green as his eyes were trying to focus.

"Sai-channnnn"

His eyes cleared as his mind had a sense of clarity. He knew that voice. He looked ahead and saw himself as a child laying down in a relaxed position with one of his arms supporting his head as his gaze was on the fluffy clouds above. There was a small girl with an unusually large forehead next to him with light pink hair and bright green eyes. 'Is this a genjustsu?' There was always something about those eyes that always made him feel safe. He continued to watch as the girl knelt beside him.

"Sai-channnnn, answer meeeeee!"

Sakura started shaking Sai's leg as she shrilled her complaint, but all young Sai could do was look up at the sky indifferently. Sakura stopped shaking his leg after a few minutes once she figured out he was not going to respond. She took a deep breath and just laid next to him.