Chapter 15

A/N- Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but trying to put the build-up together was hard for me. Sorry for any misspellings or grammatical errors. I also apologize if any of the characters seem a little OOC, I tried not to, but I feel that I have to bend a little bit to get the story to make sense. Anyway, thank you for your patience. 

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

"talking"

'thinking'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura was huffing and puffing as sweat poured down her face. Her lungs were trying to gather oxygen, but couldn't keep up.

"Sakura?" Sakura put her hands on her knees and started to even out her breathing. Temari was in a fighting stance with her fan in her hands, she also seemed quite out-of-breath.

"Don't *huff* Stop *huff*" Temari looked hesitant. Temari took a deep breath. Sakura moved her hands to the top of her head to open up her breathing more and took a shuddering breath while looking to the cloudy sky. Weird, clouds aren't common in the Sand Village.

"Why are you doing this?" Sakura hummed in recognition. She waited a second before answering.

"I need to be completely exhausted, it's for my research."

"What are you even trying to accomplish?"

"Maybe you'll find out eventually, but some things are best unknown."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was I thinking?" Tsunade's eyes had a glassy shine on them and her hands were cradling her head. Her eyes were focused on the picture in front of her.

"What do you mean Tsunade-sama?" Shizune asked in a concerned manner.

"I never really gave Sakura a break, I" She took a shuddering breath, "I replaced her." She removed her hands from her head to pick up the picture. She brought it up to eye level and focused on it.

"What have I done?"

Knock. Knock.

"Come in." She said automatically, placing the picture down. What was originally a sensitive moment switched as her face hardened from years of experience of a Shinobi and her recent role as the Hokage. This was the face of a leader.

"Tsunade-sama, there has been a breach."

"Send me an ANBU team and explain to me the situation" She kept her head facing the door, " and Shizune?"

"Yes Tsunade-sama?"

"Get me Sai."

The door slammed shut.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRASH

Rain was pouring down, the sky was dark and dreary, but the sound was overwhelming as the wind was roaring and the rain was raging and heavy. The only light was the light illuminating from the inconsistent flashes of lightning and the slivers of moonlight that slipped through the storm clouds. Sakura was meditating on a tree stump with only spandex and a bra on, covered in rain, sweat, and blood from her earlier battle. The ground around her seemed demolished. Her breaths were getting heavier and her chakra was getting low, but a spot on her forehead was glowing.

CRASH!

Another flash of lightning crashed into the tree behind her as the wind decided at that moment to send a powerful blow at her face undoing her ponytail and letting her hair fly free. Her eyes suddenly opened, and her green eyes were piercing.