Chapter One

Chloe's POV
        My argument about just getting off from a nine-hour shift is not winning. My friends are insisting on going out to this new club in town, but I am not convinced. However, they continue to blow up my phone with numerous texts in the group chat.

          Jo: come onnnn chloe! You never feel like going out

          Elle: Yeah! You know we're right!
         Elle: Just come out with us tonight then you don't have to go with us to our family dinner...

            Joanne and Brielle are sisters/best friends and twins. Their family is absolutely insufferable so how could I turn down this offer.

            Me: okay fine! But you better not turn down your offer next week!

            Jo: YES! okay okay now we need to get ready if we are going out tonight, we leave at 9 ;)

            Me: that only gives me one hour!!!

            Elle: that's your fault for fighting against it all night. Hurry up we'll be at your apartment in 45 minutes.

             I start running around my apartment to find something to wear but couldn't decide so I decided to take a shower first. After getting out I hear knocks on the front door. I check the time because I know I did not just take a 30-minute shower. I look out the peephole and see my guy best friend Dylan. We've known each other since the first grade. I open the door and smile at him. He steps inside and starts checking me out in my towel.

            "Could you not look at me like you've seen me naked!"

            He brings his eyes back up to my face and says "you wish babe..." he steps closer "you know I'd be amazing in bed" smirking at my flustered face he begins to head to the kitchen.

            Quickly gathering thoughts in my head, I yell at him "don't eat all my food and the girls will be here soon so you might want to leave before Elle gets here!"

            I smirked at myself because he acts like he despises Brielle but only I know they are secretly in love with each other.

            He rounds the corner with a scowl on his face and says, "Why is she coming over... are y'all going out!?'

            "So, what if we are? There's a new club in town and they want to check it out,"

            "I've heard that place is sketchy. I don't like the idea of you going there tonight."

            "Me? Or Elle?"

            "WHAT?!" He backs away as I close the door on him. "You of all people should know by now that I can't stand her!"

            "Oh please! Anyone who is actually paying attention can see how you look at her! She only doesn't like you because you flirt with anything that has a pulse."

            "Did she say that?"

            I look at him with like he's stupid.

            "OKAY! Fine, I'll think about asking her out."

            I laughed and said, "you might want to dial back the make-outs and flirting and maybe try actually talking to her and THEN ask her out on a date."

            "This is why I come to you with all of my girl problems," he says with a teasing grin.

            "If you do ask her out you better take it seriously because I'll cut you. I don't care that I've known you my whole life... Elle is one of my best friends."

            Putting his arms up in surrender he exclaims "OKAY okay I get it"

            Knocking at the door interrupts our bickering and he goes to answer the door while I finish getting dressed. I heard Jo say something to Dylan and figured it was her asking him why he was here. As I was finishing my makeup Dylan barged into the room and hid behind me yelling "SAVE ME! Chloe she's trying to kill me!"

            As I was beginning to ask him what the heck he was talking about Jo enters the room with an amused look on her face.

            I look between them and ask Dylan "what is going on?"

            "I was just trying to talk to Elle and Jo started attacking me telling me to leave Elle alone but when I tried to continue talking to her Jo chased me in here!"

            I look at Jo and we both bust up laughing at Dylan's frantic state and explain to Jo that Dylan likes Elle and he is trying to take his feelings for her seriously.

            Jo replied, "Dylan... likes Elle... since when?!"

            "He has liked her for a long time but never acted on it because he thought Elle didn't have feelings for him."

            "ReALlY? She makes it SO obvious"

            Dylan looked at us both and quietly shouted "y'all both knew and didn't think I should know about this information??"

            "YES! because you're a ho!" Jo replies just before I say, "I tried dropping hints but you're too oblivious!!"

            He responds with "fair enough" shrugging his shoulders and returns to the living room with Elle.

            While Dylan and Elle talked, Jo helped me finish getting ready and 15 minutes later, we were ready to leave. Dylan dropped us off and told us if we needed a ride to call him and he would drive us back to my apartment. I told him thanks and we all got out and walked inside.