Acknowledgements

First, thanks be to God because outside of Him, we can't do anything

First, thanks be to God because outside of Him, we can't do anything. He blessed us with the time, the ability, and the perspective we needed to write, and gave us the patience to handle what at the time seemed like terribly inconvenient obstacles. Only later did we realize these 'setbacks' were exactly what we needed to let this story turn into what it has become. Praise God for His wisdom and His love. We owe Him thanks not only for this book, but for our lives themselves. Every bit of glory belongs to God; may His name be praised above every other!

Humanly speaking, though, this book is the accomplishment of many hands, many minds, and more love than we deserve. Thank you to all our beta readers who spent time reading the uglier drafts of this novel, including . Also thanks to our dad (aka our official unofficial editor) who reminded us that not everyone remembers that single minor character and side-tracked detail from the first book. Without him, you poor readers might have been lost in a whole mess of obscure references.

Also thanks to the Dreamland Discord () for telling us Idyne's original chapter header looked like a cat with antlers and then helping us hammer out the final design. You guys are the best.

On top of that, thank you to everyone who let us show off the new cover, read them the new blurb, and generally enthuse about how close we were getting to publishing. We were usually a little further off from it than we thought, but your encouragement and enthusiasm has turned it into a reality.

If we've missed anyone else, it's because we have terrible memories and we hope you know we love you anyway (no matter what the voices in Idyne's head say about you. Shush, now).

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you to all our readers who stuck around for book two and made it all the way through. We worried several times that this book wasn't enough like the first or that we'd taken too long or that you just plain wouldn't like it—but here you are. You even stuck around for the acknowledgements. We can't tell you how much that dedication means to us. Hopefully Aster, Leavi, and Sean will see you all around next book too.

We love you all.

May your skies stay bright,
Laine and Aria Nichols