The Forest

Lyre's POV:

Leaving the Ruins was a long path that stretched out into the fog with a mass of brown on either side. The others seemed to continue forward, I followed them both forward on the path. But after a few minutes of walking forward a sole soul entered the radius of my view, and the soul was that of a white monster soul. I waited hoping that whoever the monster was could just walk off, but the monster seemed to be following us. I tug on Avi's cloak to catch his attention. He does turn around but he seemed to just pause there.

"There is someone over there." I whisper while pointing at the soul hidden in the brown scribbles.

He then whispers presumably what i said to Spice. They then turn around and march over to the brown. Suddenly the monster soul gets out and onto the pathway and an voice rings out from the direction of the sole.

"heheh. . .-" They laugh. "- guess you three found me." They laugh it out despite the circumstance.

"anyways, my name is sans, sans the skeleton. what are your names?" Sans giggles. My vision outlines a short skeletal figure in a dark blue.

"Mine is. . . Avi." Avi says kind of stumbling over his words.

"And I am Spice." They say sounding a tad suspicious of Sans. "This is Lyre." They say probably gesturing towards me.

"oh? liar? what did he lie about?" Sans questions.

"No!" I exclaim. "My name is Lyre, with a y."

"ohhh. that makes more sense." He reasons. "anyways ya'll are humans, right? that's hilarious. im actually supposed to be on watch for humans right now." That last statement startled me and I hid behind Spice.

"but. . . y'know. . . i dont really are about capturing anybody." He reassures us. "now my brother, papyrus. . . he's a human-hunting FANATIC. hey, actually, I think that's him over there. i have an idea." He walks past us and however we all follow him he seems to stop before an brown section of the path that has a large silver gate on top of it.

"go through this gate thingy. yeah, go right through. my bro made the bars to wide to stop anyone." He says. We all walk through, following Sans until he stops.

"quick, behind those conveniently-shaped lamps." He exclaims, and we three go behind three purple outlined lamps.

After a small amount of waiting another white soul marches up accompanied by loud footsteps from the right of the lamps, then Sans pipes up.

"sup, bro?" He says.

His brother, Papyrus, responds in a loud voice. "YOU KNOW WHAT ・SUP,・ BROTHER! IT'S BEEN EIGHT DAYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T. . . RECALIBRATED. YOUR. PUZZLES! YOU JUST HANG AROUND OUTSIDE YOUR STATION!" He pauses his monologue to point in a direction that reviled a brown outlined stand.

"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!?" Papyrus finishes.

"looking at these lamps." Sans responses seeming to be deliberately trying to get us all caught. "they are all pretty cool. do you wanna look at them?

"NO!! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!! WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH HERE!?! I WANT TO BE READY!!! I WILL BE THE ONE! I MUST BE THE ONE! I WILL CAPTURE A HUMAN! THEN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS. . . WILL GET ALL THE THING I UTTERLY DESERVE! RESPECT. . . RECOGNITION. . . I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD! PEOPLE WILL ASK, TO, BE MY, ・FRIEND?・ I WILL BATHE IN A SHOWER OF KISSES EVERY MORNING." Papyrus monologues.

"hmm. . . maybe these lamps will help you." Sans continues to try to get us caught.

"SANS!! YOU ARE NOT HELPING!! YOU LAZYBONES!! ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BOONDOGGLE! YOU GET LAZIER AND LAZIER EVERY DAY!!!" Papyrus yells.

"hey, take it easy. i've gotten a ton of work done today. a skeleton." He turns to us and winks at us.

"SANS!!!"

"come on. you're smiling."

"I AM AND I HATE IT! SIGN. . . WHY DOES SOMEONE AS GREAT AS ME. . . HAVE TO DO SO MUCH JUST TO GET SOME RECOGNITION. . ."

"wow, sounds like you're really working yourself. . . down to the bone."

"UGH!!! I WILL ATTEND TO MY PUZZLES. . . AS FOR YOUR WORK? PUT A LITTLE MORE, ・BACKBONE・ Into IT!!!! NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!" He laughs as he walks off, but he then walks back "HEH!" then he runs off.

Sans then pipes up. "ok, you three can come out now."

We emerge from behind the lamps and I think one of the others glared at Sans or something because he started talking again.

"you all oughta get going. he might come back. and if he does. . . you all have to sit through more of my hilarious jokes." He calmly says.

We all try to walk onward but before Sans stops us by asking us something.

"actually, hey. . . hate to bother ya'll, but can you three do me a favor? i was thinking. . . my brother's been kind of down lately. . . he's never seen a human before. and seeing any of you might just make his day. don't worry, he's not dangerous. even if he tries to be." He explains.

"Uh, sure. . . we'll try." Spice mumbles.

"thanks a million. i'll be up ahead." Sans finishes and walks in away from us, which is the wrong direction.