Escaping and Pie

Spice's POV:

I woke up to see neither of the others awake and three slices of cinnamon-butterscotch pie one for each of us to have some. I pick up one slice for myself and after a little bit more Lyre woke up, shivering. He blinks and shakes his head.

"Good morning." He exclaims.

"Good morning, there is some pie for you." I say picking up a second plate of pie and offering it to him. He takes the pie from my hands. Avi wakes up as well, yawns, and takes the third slice. He then from some where under his cloak he produces a satchel that he puts the pie slice into.

"Hey, your bag is going to get completely messed up if you just have a slice of pie free-balling in there." I say mildly concerned for the bag.

"Nah, the bag is magic or somethin'. That's what Toriel said when she gave me it." He retorts. He pulls out the pie completely intact to prove his point.

"Oh! Can I put my pie slice in there as well?" Lyre asks exited. I nod as well.

"Yeah sure." He says and we both put our pie in the bag. I get up and slide the door open the other two follow as I walk out to the living room and are greeted by Toriel sitting in the rocking chair near the fireplace, reading a book.

"You're all up already, I see?" She says. "Um, I want you to know how glad I am to have other people here. There are so many old books I want to share. I want to show you three my favorite bug-hunting spot. I've also prepared a curriculum for all your educations. This may come as a surprise to you. . . But I have always wanted to be a teacher. . . actually, perhaps that isn't very surprising." She rants. Lyre starts giggling at her last comment.

"STILL. I am glad to have you all living here." She finishes.

"Um, Toriel?" Avi starts.

"Oh, do you want something?" She responds "What is is?"

"Ye. . yes, when. . . when can we. . go home?" He mumbles.

"What? This. . . this IS your home now. Um. . . would you like to hear about this book I am reading?" She responds and tries to reroute the conversation. "It's called '72 Uses for Snails.' How about it?"

"No? I want to know when. . we can go. . . . home." Avi asks.

"At least could you tell us how to leave the Ruins?" I add.

"Um. . . How about an exciting snail fact? Did you know that snails. . . make terrible shoelaces? Interesting."

"How do we exit the Ruins?" I insist.

". . . I have to do something. Stay here." She says. She puts down her book and her reading glasses, she then walks off presumably down the stairs.

We follow her down into a long purple corridor where she stands in the middle of the way.

"You three wish to know how to return 'home,' do you not?" She starts in a hollow voice. "Ahead of us lies the end of the Ruins. A one-way exit to the rest of the underground." She pauses taking a breath. "I am going to destroy it. No one will ever be able to leave again. Now be good children and go upstairs." She finishes and runs even farther ahead and past a bend in the hallway. We run after her and get back up to her.

"Every human that falls down here meets the same fate. I have seen it again and again. They come. They leave. They die. You naive children. . . If any of you leave the Ruins. . . They. . . Asgore. . . Will kill you. I am only protecting you three, do you all understand? . . . go to your room." She grumbles and continues walking we had to run to her again. She stops in front of another bend.

"Do not try to stop me. This is your final warning." She walks forward and stops right in front of a large purple and black door.

"You all want to leave so badly?" She grumbles.

"Yes!" I yell, and the other two exclaim the same thing.

"Hmph. You all are just like the others. There is only one solution to this. Prove yourself. . . Prove to me you all are strong enough to survive.

Toriel blocks the way!