𝗮𝗶𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁.

▁▁▁▁▁
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧| 𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁
y/n's pov

unedited

The carnival ended up being pretty fun, at least for my group of friends. Not that I really expected anything less, I always have fun with them.

I hadn't spoken to Maddy at all after our conversation, but she did have a mini outburst towards Nate and his family that I can't say I didn't enjoy. I mean, I'm not a liar. I didn't see her after that though so, I assume she left. Out of embarrassment or because Nate probably told her to? I don't know.

Because of my arm, I had to either bike or walk literally everywhere. Tonight I had chosen walk, which by default meant the rest of the friend group also had to walk. As you probably recall, I am the only one with a car.

It's a privilege and a curse.

Since we had all ended up walking, we stayed with the buddy system when it was time to leave the carnival. Since Major and Tristian lived close to one another, they walked home together. Which left Azi and I. I had just dropped her off and was now on my own, unlocking the door to my own house.

"Hey Rocky, hey boy." I crouched down to pet the dog who happily ran to greet me at the door.

Rocky was meant to be a family dog. But he was a Doberman with a silver chain wrapped around his neck as a collar. Forget family, this was my dog. And I treated him as such. He had three sets of real chains, and I made sure he went to the best dog salon there ever was. He was spoiled, just like me.

I stood up from the excited dog, locking the front door before I turned around to face an unexpected sight.

"Mom, dad, hey." I waved awkwardly. It's not like they made me uncomfortable or anything, this was just a surprise. A big one. They were never home this early from a trip, so this kind of confused me.

"Heyyyy." My mom responded, a wide smile on her face as if this wasn't wayyy out of the regular. "Well don't stand there and look awkward, come and give your parents a hug." She used her hand to beckon me forward, causing me to walk closer to them and Rocky to follow close behind me. I have both her and my father a hug before backing away from them as my mom took a seat at the dining table.

"So uh, what are you guys doing here?" I questioned, stiffly. There postures both straightened as they sent each other a uneasy look which caused me to look at them with raised eyebrows, pushing the question further. My mom rubbed her assumed sweat palms on her jeans whilst my dad didn't make eye contact with either one of us instead, focusing on his simple wedding ring that had suddenly gotten more interesting. To him at least.

"We just- the trip ended not having to last as long so we came home. Is there something wrong with that? Besides, this way we can stay on top of you and you're health more." My mom answered.

Ahh so that's what this is about. I guess me not going to therapy really screwed with them. I wouldn't necessarily say I feel bad. They wouldn't have to come back if they were already here, which they never were.

I shrugged, checking the time on my watch before pointing towards the staircase.

"Alright well, I'ma head to my bedroom. Glad you guys are back earlier?" I meant my last sentence to sound polite, endearing even, but I was even questioning it myself. My parents didn't seem to mind though, or they just didn't hear the tone of my voice. My dad waved to me as if he was saying goodbye to a friend and my mom only smile ear to ear while bidding me goodbye as well. I walked up to steps, hopping two at a time to end up in my room where I was greeted by Iyanna. "What, Yans?"