𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶'𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹.

▁▁▁▁▁
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 | 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡, 𝙞'𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡
y/n's pov

The first day of school. It was a miserable start to a miserable week that led to a miserable year. But yet, it was something almost everybody on the planet earth pretended to love.

Just goes to show how fake the world is.

I, for one, didn't pretend. I admitted to anyone who asked in the world around me that I absolutely hated school. It wasn't the fact that it was hard, or the teachers were rude, or any of that bullshit. It was just that it all seemed kind of...pointless. To me, at least.

I mean, everyone goes to high school. One half out of those students go on to college, others might not've had the funds to go, maybe they just didn't want to go, but the point is, half of them didn't go. Then, out of the ones that went to college, half of those kids graduate. And out of those kids, only half of them go on to be successful. So what's that mean? Less than a quarter of kids from high school go on to be successful people with successful jobs and a successful family.

You're telling me that's all supposed to be worth it to be one of the very select few that are successful? Yeah right. The things I would do with that four years of extra time. The things I'm gonna do.

So with high school, I apply what I have to do to get by. I've been bullshitting this shit since I became a freshman. Light work.

"Damn, B. He really jacked ya shit enough to where they had to put a cast on it?" Tristian questioned, flicking my cast as I opened my locker, putting in some new books for the school year. Him, Major, and Azilia all stood behind me, since we had went to their lockers before. I hit his hand away from mine, the dark blue cast hitting his finger harder than I anticipated causing him to hiss in pain and pull his finger close to his chest, cradling it. Inside the cast, my wrist was still throbbing in pain and the painkillers really weren't working at the moment.

"We're sorry, at least one of us should've came down with you." Azilia apologized, but I shrugged it off. I couldn't really fault anyone but Nate for the incident. But I also knew he'd get off Scott free, so I kept my mouth shut. At least to the feds and doctors.

"Eh, I don't think anything could've really saved me from pretty boy's wrath. I'm pretty sure he saw me flirting with Maddy, plus we were all high off our asses. It probably wouldn't make much of a difference if one of you guys came with me." I said, finally finishing with my books and we all turned away from my locker, walking in the opposite direction of my school's version of the plastics, while my eyes lingered a little longer than they should've on a certain Latina.

"Well now that the apologies are out the way, we need to figure another way to get to school. Y/n was the only one with a crazy car and we showed up on fucking skateboards today. Definitely lost popularity points for that one." Major moved in front of us, waving the skateboard he was holding in his left hand in our faces to emphasized his point.

"Nigga please, you do realize you're literally the only one who actually gives two shits about the popularity monarchy." Tristian said, swiftly moving so he was walking in front, in toe with Major, while me and Azilia stood farther behind the two but still within the same length to look like a group.

"Actually though. Sorry Major, but as soon as college hits that bullshit will fly smooth out the window." I said, siding with Tristian easily on this topic.