𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗶𝗿𝗰𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘁𝘀.

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 | 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙞𝙧𝙘𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙩𝙨
y/n's pov

Being a teenager and living through the teenage years seemed to be pretty simple. I mean, you stay out a trouble, keep all your bones in tact, fall in love a couple of times, hangout with the right crowd, which I'd be the first to admit is kind of a get in where you fit in thing, but all the same, it's pretty simple.

It was pretty simple. This is pretty much where my teenage years begin to go to shit. Enjoy.

"You tryna hit up a party tonight?" Azilia asked in her usual tone, a lively voice that sometimes got annoying, especially when you were trying to be sad. I had been speaking to her through my AirPods, since at the time when she called me, I was sketching some things down. Now, I'm playing my pc, waiting for her to log onto GTA.

"Depends," I started, breathing out smoke from the drag I had just took. "Whose party is it?" I clicked on her username, it had finally popped up, quickly pressing add to party.

"It's at McKay's crib." She answered. I sucked my teeth, rolling my eyes at the thought of being in the presence of him. When I had first met the dude, I didn't have a problem with him. Technically I still don't. He seemed like a nice guy, but then, when he got around his friends, he turned into a asshole. It was like I was meeting a completely different person. It through me off, since that had been one of my first interactions with someone from Cali. The whole thing just wasn't my scene. I haven't had a genuine conversation with him since. "Listen, I know you don't like him, but this is 'posed to be the party of the summer. You can't miss it."

"Oh, but I can. We've been to hella parties this year, Z, ain't no way this supposed to beat all of them. Do you even remember the college one we went to? So much ass in one place." I reminded her, sniping someone who had just killed me.

"Yeah but, McKay always throws the best parties, man. If we don't go, we'll be outta the loop. I guarantee some shit will pop off. Major and- oh my fucking god. Come get this dude, bro." It was the same person who just killed me. I know this GTA, but we wasn't even doing nothing. He ain't have to go so hard.

"Y/n!" Hearing my dad's muffled voice call me, I left the game, ashing out my blunt and muting the call before I came out my room and jogged down my house's carpeted steps. Once I got down to the living room, I saw my parents stood by the door with their suitcases, my mom on the phone with someone. My dad came over, pulling me into a short bro hug. "We 'bout to head out. Be good, ion want no calls from nobody."

"Sir, yes sir!" I said, saluting the ex-soldier playfully. He chuckled, picking up a suitcase and duffle bag, and carrying it to the trunk of the car. I walked over to my mom while she was still on the phone, giving her a hug. For a quick minute, she pulled the phone away from her ear.

"Be good, sweetie. Make sure to check in with your aunt Leslie once in a while too, ima be making sure she's watching you so don't pull no dumb shit." She warned me. I nodded, pulling away from the hug. I reached around her, grabbing her bags to carry to the car for her. My dad had gotten in the car already, so I walked around to the window, dapping him up one last time before rushing to open the door on the other side for my mom, who was finally done with her call. Before she got in, she gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Love you, baby. We'll call you when the plane lands."

"I love y'all too, mama. Make sure y'all have fun while y'all down there, don't just be all business-y and stuff." My mom laughed, squeezing my hand before she finally slid into the car. She waved out the window as my dad pulled off, honking the horn on his way out the driveway.