Chapter 16 Just A Whisper Away (Foxy)

Start from the beginning

Foxy looked away and took a seat at one of the tables gazing off into the distance. Part of his gaze lingered on the entrance hallway. Hoping somewhere in his heart you'd walk down it. Coat in hand frantic to return it with apologies falling from your lips. (But there's no way that would happen. The pizzeria was closing because you were missing.)

Still he just wanted to pretend. Pretend that everything was going to be okay. That you were okay and just forgot your shift last night. Pretending was something he liked to do the most when he was lonely.

Just as he closed his eyes to pretend that what was happening wasn't true, the doors for the entrance began to make noise. His eyes peeled open and curiously he leaned forward on the table as if that would help him get a better view of the hall. He could hear the door opening now before shutting behind someone.

He held his breath. That could be an intruder! Foxy knew he couldn't be human around a thief. Lest they underestimate him. He almost turned back into his animatronic form but then he saw who it was walking down the hallway. (It was just Vincent.)

Vincent was in the middle of lighting a cigarette, thumb flicking over the lighter in an attempt to get a flame up, walking slowly down the hall. He got it after a few attempts and took a long satisfied deep breath. Foxy stood up now the chair creaking as he had it push back with his legs upon standing.

Both men stared at each other, but then finally Vincent removed the cigarette and exhaled. Foxy's nose twitched at the smoke. He doesn't think he likes it.

"What do you want?" Vincent huffed a little. Clearly annoyed foxy was even right there. Foxy narrowed his eyes now.

"You must be a blundering fool if ye don't know why I am waitin' for ye." It was the best insult he could say in the accent. (Sometimes foxy really hates his voice box. He felt like it made him sillier than the others. The only one who didn't have a voice box was goldie. But he didn't need it for obvious reasons.)

Vincent rolled his eyes a little. By this point Freddy had taken notice that he was there. Keeping a close eye silently on the conversation.

"Oh," Vincent took another breath of his cigarette, "right."

Foxy moved away from the party table, pushing the chair back in its place, rounding the corner to stand in front of Vincent expectingly. He wanted answered he didn't want to wait anymore.

"Where is she." Foxy's gaze was almost glowing. The Carmel color of his eye illuminating in the dimly lit room as he looked down at Vincent. (He was sort of glad for how tall he was, taller than the average man.)

Vincent just looked up slightly before he released another deep breath. He seemed to be thinking before finally willing to answer.

"In a cabin just outside of town in the woods. Used to be my family's vacation home until.." Vincent trailed off looking distant. Foxy didn't want to listen to anything else. They had the information they needed right?

Foxy turned towards Freddy, meeting his gaze with a question. Was it time to go? Freddy nodded. Goldie was quick to appear by his side as he turned his head seeming to have a silent conversation with his brother. Just as quickly as goldie appeared he was gone.

Freddy moved off the stage now, walking over towards foxy with a silent look of encouragement, and it wasn't long after that did the others start to pile in. Everyone ready to leave.