15. Just One Bite

Pairing: Andrea-Gabriel/Carlos (FM/m) hand [Flashback]

*All plot created by Elenalovly.

Owen Strand and Gwyneth Morgan's Home

Austin, Texas

Monday Morning, Day After the Party

After Carlos ate his breakfast, T.K. realized he was still hungry.

Gwyn snickered, "Son, see? I knew you would be hungry. You are lucky we tend to spoil you around here..."

Carlos gulped down the rest of his coffee. "Yeah, my parents don't play like that. Actually, my first real spanking was because of food. Or rather wasting it."

T.K. grinned. "You heard my stories, babe. I think it's your turn."

Carlos leaned back in his chair and groaned. "Okay, fine...I think I must have been about five or so..."

Hornsby Bend, Texas

April 2000

Carlos was excited to see all his boy cousins at the family carne asada. They usually had cook outs a few times a year, but this was the first time his aunt and uncle were hosting. They had just had a new baby the summer before. He was so disappointed because girls were just no fun. But his aunt and uncle had a nice above ground pool where he was now tall enough to stand in the water. The boys splashed and played all afternoon and his mother made him change into shorts to eat. Carlos' favorite cousin was named Ángel, he was nine and on the plump side. His other cousin Diego and him nicknamed him "Gordo" and called him that when no one was around. He chased the younger boys in the pool for hours and dunked them every chance he got.

"Carlos is getting so big, dear," an aunt said to his mother. "Is he six now?"

Most of the women were sitting at two picnic tables with umbrellas on the back patio. The men were grilling and sitting on lawn chairs in the back yard.

"Not yet. A few more months. He must be going through a stage. He wouldn't nap before we came. I guess he was too excited. But now he claims vegetables make him sick!" Andrea Reyes laughed. The other women smiled, they knew Carlos was her pride and joy.

"You better have another baby soon. He's going to get so spoiled," her sister-in-law said. "And he's too cute for his own good. My Ángel was cute like that. Now he looks like his father! Thank God the girls take after my side of the family."
The women laughed and another sister-in-law asked, "So, are you two going to have another baby? No one is getting any younger and Gabriel just got that promotion."

Andrea blushed, "Well, it's not like we aren't trying."

A teenage cousin had fixed Carlos a plate and brought him and the other boys over to sit.

"Trying for what, Mamá," Carlos asked with his mouth full. He was hungrier than he realized.

"Chew your food, mija," Andrea remarked, giving her sister-in-law an amused look. "Tía is just being silly. Now eat all your vegetables. Your father is coming."

Carlos frowned and pushed around the healthier bits of his dinner around with a plastic fork. His cousin had filled up his plate with his favorites but he didn't recognize some of the fruits and vegetables. Ángel came and plopped himself down by Carlos, pushing Diego over to the right.

"I don't even know what this is," Carlos whispered. His older cousin, Ángel laughed and replied, "It looks like baby caca!"

Andrea ignored her nephew and said, "It's just pico de gallo. Just try it. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it."