8. Sick Day

Pairing: Carlos/T.K. (M/M) hand, flip flop

Owen/T.K. (M/M) hand, brief

Carlos Reyes' Apartment

Austin, Texas

Next Weekend

T.K. was flipping the channels on the t.v. listlessly when Carlos walked in with hot tea for him. It was weird to T.K. that the stations were different and the times, but there was still nothing on worth watching. That was the same as New York.

"Here, drink this. It might help," Carlos soothed.

T.K. tried to sit up, but fell back against the couch.

"My head hurts worse now," T.K. croaked out. "And I'm so cold."

Carlos frowned, "Okay, this is ridiculous. Get in bed."

"No, it's okay. I just want to watch something, but there is nothing on," T.K. argued.

"Tyler Kennedy Strand, you walk up to bed or I will carry you," Carlos warned with a stern expression.

"Will you handcuff me first, Offi-," T.K. tried, but started coughing violently.

Carlos softened to see T.K. so ill. "Come on, babe, I'll help you. If you still feel this bad or worse, I'll take you to the doctor."

T.K. started crying, "I'm just sick and have a headache...I shouldn't cry, that's another thing Mateo made fun of me about."

"Oh babe," Carlos crumbled. He sat down and pulled T.K. into his arms, letting him cry. "Come here."

T.K. snuggled into Carlos' firm chest and let him pat him on the back until he finally fell asleep. Carlos felt T.K. head and was alarmed. He was burning up worse now. T.K. had to be very careful about the medications he took in case they triggered his drug addiction. He pulled a blanket over T.K. as he got up carefully to get an electronic thermometer he kept in the upstairs bathroom.

Coming down a moment later, Carlos took a quick reading of T.K.'s temperature. He gasped out, "Oh, poor baby" when he saw the reading of 103.6 F. "No wonder you feel like crap..."

Feeling waves of panic coursing through him, Carlos dialed Captain Strand at his home. He knew the devoted father and captain would know what to do.

"Hi, um, Owen, it's Carlos," Carlos said as calmly as he could muster. "T.K. is really sick."

"Sick?" Owen questioned. "What's wrong? What are his symptoms."

Carlos filled him in on the details and wasn't very surprised when the elder Strand directed him to take T.K. to the emergency room.

"Okay, I need to get him dressed," Carlos revealed. "I'll text you when we get there. Thanks, sir. Don't worry, I will take good care of him."

"I know you will, Son," Owen said through the phone line. "See you soon."