chapter twenty five

DREW'S POV

Charleston always felt like home. Despite being there for work, it had the same familiar and comfortable environment as home would. And now, for the next three or four months, we were lucky enough to actually call this place home.

Filming started a few days ago, but I've been sitting a majority of the scenes out as the writers continued to add the finishing touches on the new scripts for Rafe's storyline. Part of me felt anxious for what direction they would have my character go in. I was hoping I'd find out soon what would happen to Rafe.

Though I wasn't necessarily needed on set, I spent most of the day here, sitting behind the scenes as I watched my friends and my girlfriend work their asses off. I was so proud of Mal and I was so happy that she was working a job she actually had interest in.

While I sat in my own director's chair next to Jonas, I watched Mallory as she followed Chase and Rudy with a camera. I loved watching her in action like this. Chase and Rudy continued to act out a scene before Rudy stumbled on his words and they both started laughing.

"Cut!" Jonas laughed, which resulted in everyone laughing as well. I really wish I heard what Rudy said. "Why don't we take a fifteen minute break?" Jonas suggested and everyone agreed.

People scattered from their positions as some people began mingling with each other. I got up from my chair and went to go over to Mallory, but Jonas stopped me in my tracks.

"Hey Drew, can we talk for a minute?" He asked as he approached me.

"Yeah," I nodded. "What's up?"

He motioned for me to follow him, and so I did. A minute later, we entered his office where he sat down at his desk. He opened a drawer before taking out what looked like a script and placed on top of his desk.

"What's that?" I asked as I looked at it from a distance.

"It's a new script. A new storyline for Rafe." He told me and I raised an eyebrow. I was curious to see what path he was going to take Rafe down this time. A love interest clearly didn't work out, so there were only two other options; rehab or death.

"Please tell me he gets help." I lightly chuckled as I took a step closer to his desk.

He flipped to one of the pages in the script before he handed it to me.

"Who the hell is Becca Collins?" I immediately questioned as I closed the script

"Who the hell is Becca Collins?" I immediately questioned as I closed the script. I felt just as, if not more, disappointed as Topper was in Rafe.

"Here me out," He started. "The Collins family used to be the second most well-known family on the island. Becca and Rafe had history before she moved away with her family. That was when Rafe turned to the drugs and alcohol. He may have been messed up as a kid, but being high all the time made him worse. Now that Becca is back, she is going to help him get clean. Her character will be good for him." He explained to me and I didn't know how to feel about that.