TOIC Chapter 31

The place they went to was a western restaurant that Lu Zhengfei frequented.

Chen Qianqing's appetite hasn't been good recently, so he didn't really care what he was eating. Since Lu Zhengfei proposed they eat steak, he simply agreed.

Usually, private dinners like this usually take place in the evening, but Lu Zhengfei had other things on his mind, so he refuse the host's invitation and chose to have dinner alone with Chen Qianqing—Of course, with Xu Shaoren in tow, reluctantly.

After arriving at the restaurant, the three of them ordered their food.

As soon as they were done with appetizers, Chen Qianqing got up to visit the toilet. Taking advantage of this opening, Lu Zhengfei hurried to discuss certain details with Xu Shaoren. "Did you bring the drug?"

Xu Shaoren responded between sips of his soup. "Yup."

Lu Zhengfei asked, "Do you bring that shit everywhere? Xu Shaoren...I didn't expect that from you..."

Xu Shaoren laughed. "But Lu Zhengfei, even though I brought the drug, you're the one who needs it right now, right?"

Lu Zhengfei's mouth twitched. After a short pause, he asked, "Where do I put it?"

Xu Shaoren told him, "As long as it's not in the wine, you can put it anywhere else. The soup is served, isn't it? Just put it in that."

While saying that, he took out a small blue capsule from his pocket, opened it, and sprinkled its contents into the cream soup that Chen Qianqing ordered.

Lu Zhengfei asked, "Why can't you put it in the wine?"

Xu Shaoren whispered, "Lu Zhengfei, have you heard about the news where Liu Chenqing was almost prosecuted some time ago?"

Lu Zhengfei responded, "Yes, what about it?" Liu Chenqing was also from their circle, but he lived a rotten life of debauchery and addiction. If it were not for his parents' protection, he would have been brought before the firing squad, countless times.

Xu Shaoren told him, "Well, he tried to play around with the young mistress of the Xu family, and he slipped a sedative into her wine. The drug reacted badly with the wine, and Miss Xu died from it."

This was starting to get into black humor territory. Lu Zhengfei was almost tempted to laugh.

Xu Shaoren continued, "If it weren't for his grandfather, then Liu Chenqing would be locked up by now."

Lu Zhengfei asked, "So putting it in the soup is fine, right?"

His friend said, "No problem at all. I know the formula for this drug, it's made of Chinese herbs. It's an aphrodisiac and a good supplement for the kidneys. None of that crap stuff you get elsewhere."

Hearing him say so, Lu Zhengfei felt more at ease. It was true that he wanted Chen Qianqing, but if he knew that there was anything harmful about this drug, he would never decide to use it. However, Lu Zhengfei was still uneasy. "Give me another one."

Xu Shaoren asked, "What for? You're not thinking of keeping it for next time if your plan falls through this time, right?"

Lu Zhengfei laughed, but he did not tell him that he was actually planning to get it tested at a lab.

Even though Xu Shaoren teased him, he still gave Lu Zhengfei another pill. "If he reacts badly to the drug, then eight times out of ten, I guarantee you it's a psychological problem."

Lu Zheng Fei said, "I know..."

Xu Shaoren hesitated for a moment before asking. "Lu Zhengfei, have you noticed anything off about Chen Qianqing?"