TOIC Chapter 1

When Lu Zhengfei entered the room, Chen Qianqing was already asleep.

His body was twisted unnaturally like a cooked shrimp with his long hair hanging down, covering his pale face. His whole body was as thin as a sheet of paper.

Five years ago, Chen Qianqing was handsome, elegant, and had beautiful skills on the piano. When he smiled, beautiful dimples would even appear on his face. He was like a prince from a movie, everything about him was perfect.

But now, Lu Zhengfei walked over and reached out to touch Chen Qianqing’s face.

Chen Qianqing was too thin, even the shape of his skull could vaguely be seen through his pale skin. Being touched by Lu Zhengfei, he had the conditioned reflex to curl up his body while a soft whimper leaked from his lips.

But at the end, he still did not wake. Or perhaps, he was awake but was not willing to open his eyes.

Chen Qianqing had beautiful eyes with thick and dense lashes. He had clear eyes that seemed to speak to you when he stared at you. Lu Zhengfei liked Chen Qianqing very much, and liked his eyes even more. But no matter what, Lu Zhengfei would never receive Chen Qianqing’s attention anymore——Because his lover was now blind.

The quality of sleep that Chen Qianqing received was not great, and he had even been suffering from insomnia recently. He needed to take a large number of sleeping pills before he could finally fall asleep. Once he starts to grow dependent on medication, then it would be a hard habit to break. And so, Chen Qianqing was unable to sleep at all now if he did not have any sleeping pills.

Lu Zhengfei and Chen Qianqing were together out of a forced bond. Chen Qianqing did not like Lu Zhengfei, and he did not even like men. Lu Zhengfei used every means he could think of and finally shackled Chen Qianqing to his side, watching him wither down from a bloomed flower, and slowly progressing to his death.

The main culprit that caused Chen Qianqing to become this way was Lu Zhengfei, and he regretted it now.

Looking at Chen Qianqing with his shallow breaths, seeming as if he could leave him at any moment, Lu Zhengfei regretted it. He regretted what he had done to Chen Qianqing, and regretted that he had gone too far to turn back, but there was no cure for regrets in this world.

Lu Zhengfei regretted it so much he could die, but he could not do anything about Chen Qianqing’s departure from the world. He could snatch Chen Qianqing back from someone else, but he could not compete with the Death itself for Chen Qianqing’s life.

“Mm……” Chen Qianqing woke up. He could not see anything, but he could still blink. His eyes that should have been clear and beautiful was now a field of grey. Along with his pale face, they seemed exceptionally haunting.

“Qianqing.” Lu Zhengfei called out to him gently.

Chen Qianqing’s body turned stiff as soon as he heard Lu Zhengfei’s voice. The man in front of him was the greatest nightmare of his life. He could not get out of this imprisonment, nor stop the pain he brought him. He could only be dragged bit by bit into hell by this person called Lu Zhengfei.

Chen Qianqing said: “Lu Zhengfei, am I going to die?”

At this moment, the word ‘die’ was a very sensitive word for Lu Zhengfei. Hearing it, his body stiffened for a moment before forcing a smile: “Don’t worry, Qianqing, you won’t die.”

Chen Qianqing was silent for a moment. Then, his pale and bloodless lips curled into a mocking curve: “I can’t wait to die.”

The forced file on Lu Zhengfei’s face disappeared instantly. Chen Qianqing could not see the expression on Lu Zhengfei’s face. But if he could, then he would definitely feel overjoyed.