TOIC Chapter 18

Thanks to Liu Huamei's "kind intentions", Chen Qianqing slept with Lu Zhengfei on the same bed that night.

Both Chen Qianqing and Lu Zhengfei would actually sleep in the same bed quite often in the past, but ever since Chen Qianqing broke his leg, and his insomnia worsened, the two started to sleep separately.

As soon as Chen Qianqing was done with his shower, he got on bed and got ready to sleep.

Lu Zhengfei followed behind him, and also got on the bed. When he laid down beside Chen Qianqing, Chen Qianqing had already closed his eyes, and his breaths were even; it seemed like he had already fallen asleep.

Lu Zhengfei knew that Chen Qianqing had a hard time sleeping, so he did not bother him when he saw that he had already fallen asleep. All he did was observe the young man sleeping beside him beneath the dim illumination of the nightlight.

He was only twenty-one years old, so a sense of childish innocence could still be made out from the curvatures of his face. It seemed like the frown between his brows would only smoothen out when he slept, and under the lights, his fair skin appeared even more pale.

Lu Zhengfei knew that Chen Qianqing did not have feelings for him.

As he looked at him, a strange feeling started to fill Lu Zhengfei's heart. He hesitated for a moment, and still decided not to kiss Chen Qianqing. Instead, he moved his hand over to turn the lamp off without making a single sound.

Everything turned dark, and Lu Zhengfei entered into slumber.

But there was no way Chen Qianqing would be able to fall asleep this easily. After sensing that the Lu Zhengfei beside him had stopped moving, he opened his eyes quietly to stare at the light fixture above him that he could only barely make out in the darkness.

Since Lu Zhengfei had violated him for the first time, Chen Qianqing would not be able to sleep at all if Lu Zhengfei were to be anywhere near him. No matter how tired he was, he just could not sleep.

Chen Qianqing could guess that this may be some sort of mental illness, but he did not have any intentions of telling Lu Zhengfei this.

Lu Zhengfei was laying right beside him, letting out the soft sounds of his breaths. Lu Zhengfei was a good sleeper, he would rarely turn whenever he had already fallen asleep.

But Chen Qianqing just could not sleep. He turned over and looked at the little droplets of rain that were still coming down outside of the floor-to-ceiling window. From the burned out expression from his face, it was clear to anyone how bad a state his mind was in at this moment.

After a long, sleepless night, Chen Qianqing managed some light sleep in every now and again when the sun was about to rise.

Lu Zhengfei opened his eyes, and was welcomed by the hazy view of his sleep for a moment before he turned to look at Chen Qianqing. He thought that Chen Qianqing would still be asleep, but he instead was met with Chen Qianqing's bright and clear gaze.

Lu Zhengfei asked: "When did you wake up?"

Chen Qianqing yaned: "Just now."

Lu Zhengfei acknowledged his reply, and started again: "What would you like to eat for breakfast?"

Chen Qianqing responded lazily: "Let's see what my mom will make. Take a shower first, I'd like to stay in bed for a little longer."

To that, Lu Zhengfei climbed out of bed and went out of the room as soon as he put his clothes on, not saying anything more to Chen Qianqing.

Chen Qianqing watched the figure of Lu Zhengfei's back as he left, and stayed in bed for another ten minutes before finally getting up.

Liu Huamei was the first to wake up, and breakfast was already ready. They were going to have her special made eight treasures porridge and some mustard greens, as well as the mantous and buns that were made the day before.