15

I left a shadow clone with Toneri to bide us some time while I lead Naruto and Hinata to where the Tenseigan was located.

"This is it," I said as ran inside the building and I was thankful that there weren't any puppets in sight.

Naruto and Hinata gazed at the yellow glowing sphere that rivaled the size of a planet.

"If we destroy this, then the moon should stop its approach. But like I mentioned earlier, only someone with Hamura's blood can touch it." Hinata readied her fists that engulfed themselves in a purple chakra that took the shape of a lion.

She took a step forward and leapt toward the orb and punched it. A purple crack of lightening trickled across the yellow orb, but ultimately, nothing happened.

"I can't destroy it," said Hinata as she looked at Naruto and I with confused eyes.

I nervously glanced at the entrance behind me while Naruto's eyes lit up as an idea came to mind. "Why don't you infuse me with your chakra? I think we might be able to break it this way."

Naruto hesitantly extended his hand out to Hinata who appeared a bit surprised, but nonetheless placed her hand on top of his.

I gazed at their hands, but my eyes trailed up and I saw Naruto staring at me. "You can rest up now. You've been through enough."

I smiled at him and responded with, "Thank you. I'll keep watch while you two destroy it."

But I wouldn't actually be able to rest, because a few of Toneri's puppets came running in and I deeply sighed with a hint of annoyance.

"I'll take care of them. You two focus on the Tenseigan!"

While Hinata and Naruto got to work, I charged at the puppets and slide underneath one of their legs and attached a paper bomb on their leg. The puppet exploded with the other puppet's eyes set on me as they ran towards me.

I smiled at them and performed a hand sign as I inhaled a deep breath and breathed out mini fireballs at them that left them scorched and falling to their knees.

A cracking sound caught my attention and when I looked up, the Tenseigan shattered and floating in the air were thousands of small blue and white orbs that glowed in the air, but upon closer inspection, they were floating Byakugan eyes.

The puppets that were in front of me stopped moving and collapsed to the ground. I stayed still for a few seconds and took a step forward to see if they would move but they didn't.

Hinata and Naruto ran up to me with a smile on their faces and I gave them a thumbs up. "You two did well."

"We were able to accomplish this because of you, so thank you. And... thank you for saving Hanabi. The Hyuga clan will remember this," said Hinata who was overflowing with gratitude.

"I promise that we'll get her eyes back. Toneri implanted them as his own."

I lead them back out and headed back to the castle where we regrouped with everyone.

Sakura immediately gave me a hug and whispered, "We're glad you're okay."

"Thank you." I patted her back and she released me from her hold.

"We came as soon as we could because Naruto wasn't going to give you up to him," she revealed with a coy smile making Naruto grow embarrassed, but he glanced at me from the corner of his eye with a smile on his face.

A sheepish smile made its way to my lips and my face grew slightly red as I realized that Naruto now knew of my feelings for him that I confessed in the note I left behind.

Him coming back for me means something and it's something that I'd like to hear from him.

He slightly extended his hand out and reached for my hand with his fingers grazing mine before he lightly held onto them.

"Why is the clock ticking again?" Bewilderedly asked Shikamaru as he stared at the palm of his hand. "It stopped a moment ago, but it's moving again."

"What? But how? We destroyed the Tenseigan!" Exclaimed Naruto as he let go of my fingers and jogged up to Shikamaru to take a look at the clock.

Fear seeped its way into my skin with a chill running down my spine and my (e/c) eyes gradually growing wider as it dawned on me that this wasn't over yet because I never really took the time to learn more about Toneri or what other tricks he had up his sleeve.

"I've made a mistake," I murmured as I placed my hand over my mouth and began to take a step back as I gazed over my friend's concerned faces.

"I'm sorry," I whispered but Naruto placed his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes and said, "Hey, you don't need to apologize for anything. You did nothing wrong."

"He's going to come for us any minute now that he's realized (Y/n) has come with us," said Shikamaru and on cue, the building started to shake.

We steadied ourselves the best we could and the ceiling had been torn off by a colossal figure whose eyes scanned over our faces until it saw mine.

Its hand made its ways towards me with the intent to grab me, but I leapt back with my friends following after me as I lead them out of the castle.

Sai created five birds that we swiftly jumped onto and ascended towards the sky as the building crumbled behind us.

The colossal figure took notice of our retreating figures and reached for us. I looked over my shoulder and mumbled, "There's only one way to fight against something of this size."

"So you're thinking the same thing too?" Smiled Naruto and I nodded my head.

'Akako, it's your time to shine.'

'It's about time.'

My body engulfed itself in a light red chakra and I was now in my Tailed Beast Mode with Naruto and Kurama right beside me.

"Ready to fight together?" Smirked Akako.

"Always," responded Kurama.