5

Kakashi Sensei had called us in early in the morning following the incident from last night.

Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Shikamaru, Hinata and I were assigned to a mission to rescue Hanabi Hyuga who had been kidnapped last night by a man named Toneri and his men.

He's hell bent on destroying Earth for who knows what.

Sai had created four birds from his scroll for us to fly on. Shikamaru and I paired up and so did Hinata and Naruto while Sai and Sakura flew solo.

A pout was on Naruto's face when he saw me get on the bird and seated myself behind Shikamaru.

"We'll be going to the place Sai last spotted them so be sure to follow," announced Shikamaru.

Everyone nodded their head and we soared through the light snow with our eyes peeled forward or on the ground in search for anything that stands out.

"It was around here that I lost sight of Hanabi's kidnapper," said Sai.

"We'll split up to cover more ground and search for clues. Naruto, take care of Hinata," ordered Shikamaru.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Naruto gazing at me and I smiled at him and said, "Stay safe."

He mouthed 'You too' and they changed directions and went to the right while Shikamaru and I continued to go straight ahead before finding a place to land.

Shikamaru and I hopped off the bird and slowly walked around the area. My eyes remained focused on the snow beneath my feet, but there was nothing in the area.

"I don't see anything around here."

"Me neither," sighed Shikamaru. "We'll regroup with the others and see if they found anything."

With that being said, we walked on over to the bird and as we were about to hop on, Naruto and Hinata arrived.

"We found something!" Shouted Naruto.

Hinata opened her backpack and pulled out a kunai with a strap dangling on it. "This belongs to Hanabi."

"Great. We'll regroup and continue heading forward to see if we can find anything else."

~One Hour Later~

We walked inside a cave and saw a glowing spring of water that Hinata could not see past with her Byakugan.

"We'll just have to go down there if she can't see anything," I said to my friends.

"I can't get this wet then," said Naruto who undid his scarf and neatly began to fold it.

"What's the big deal if your scarf gets wet?" Questioned Sakura.

"It's a big deal. It means a lot to me."

"There's nothing to worry about. I touched the water and I didn't get wet." Sai showed us the pool of water that was in the palm of his hands that diminished in size and disappeared.

Naruto was relieved and wrapped the scarf around his neck once more and I eyed him from the corner of my eye with curiosity.

I jumped into the glowing water and we swam towards another pool of water with a greyish color with yellow bubbles and when I entered through the water, I found myself standing in my old home.

"Huh?"

I looked down at my hands and I panicked when I saw that my hands had grown smaller.

"This can't be! What kind of trick is this?!"

I cautiously took out my dagger as my eyes scanned the room for any sign of an enemy that was lurking around. I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs and my dagger fell to the ground when I saw my parents hand in hand.