14

"(Y/n)!"

The door slammed open and when I whirled my head over my shoulder, I saw Naruto stumbling in as he tossed the head of a puppet in the middle of the room.

Every puppet that was in the room circled around Naruto and readied themselves into a fighting stance.

"I came for you, (Y/n)!"

Toneri rolled his eyes in annoyance and said, "You're a bit too late for that. We're married now." To spite Naruto and prove our marriage, Toneri placed another kiss on my lips, but before he could deepen the kiss, I placed my hands on his cheeks and pushed his face away from mine.

"That's enough. I'd rather not do this here," I firmly stated.

"I hope you're not starting to waver now that he's here."

"I'm not," I lowly muttered and removed his arms from my waist and turned around to face Naruto who appeared relieved when our eyes met.

"(Y/n), you don't have to do this anymore," spoke up Naruto who took a step forward and continued to proceed forward until he stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "I know why you're doing this, but we can figure something out."

"Like what? One wrong move and it's over for all of you. Why would I let that happen?"

"We won't let that happen. I promise."

"She doesn't need to hear such pointless things," sneered Toneri and with a snap of his finger, every puppet that was in the room guarded me by forming a line in front of me to prevent Naruto from approaching me.

"Let's go." Toneri grabbed ahold of my hand and a secret passageway opened before us that he led us through.

He picked up the pace as he dragged me with him while I looked over my shoulder and saw an empty path that was eerily quiet.

We arrived in a dark room with the only source of light coming from a glowing platform up ahead of us. Toneri and I stood before it as it opened up and there were two circular platforms that he was urging me to step onto.

"You're not getting away that easily!" Shouted Naruto as he barged into the room without a scratch on him.

Toneri was about to take a step toward him, but I stepped in front of him, "Toneri, calm down. You don't need to hurt him."

His eyes stared into mine and he could visibly distinguish that it was not him I was worried about, but Naruto.

A smile formed on his lips as an idea came to mind and he lightly stroked my cheeks with his fingers and said, "You're right. I don't need to, but someone else can."

"What?"

A green orb appeared in the palm of his hand and before I could react, he thrusted his hand into my chest making me groan.

I shakily placed my hand on his wrist and weakly dug my nails into skin all while gritting my teeth and seethed, "How...dare you."

My body was shutting down as a force entered my mind and overtook complete control of my mind and body.

Toneri grinned as I was now under his control and whispered, "Why don't you kill that blonde behind you? He's no one to us."

My body turned around and set it eyes on Naruto who took a step back and noticed my dull and expressionless (e/c) eyes as my body lunged at him and nearly kicked his face.

He leapt back, but was startled when I quickly appeared in front of him with our faces inches away and landed a hard blow to his stomach and swiftly swung my leg at his arm and sent him crashing to the ground.

"Isn't she lovely? I couldn't have chosen a better wife." Toneri took his place beside me and handed me a kunai and lightly pushed me forward to start attacking.

Naruto got back up on his feet and immediately evaded being slashed by the kunai in my hand.

"Snap out of it, (Y/n)!" Shouted Naruto who avoided landing a blow on me, but his guard faltered when a flickering sadness washed over my eyes.

"(Y/n)?"

My body stopped moving for a second with Naruto inching closer to me with his hand reached out to me, but it was smacked away by my hand and he was tackled to the ground as I sat on his stomach.

My hand raised itself in the air with a tight grip around the kunai before I brought it down with the kunai aimed at his heart.

Naruto immediately grabbed my wrist and stopped the kunai from stabbing him. My other hand placed itself on top of the kunai and pushed it downward and Naruto winced when he felt the kunai rip through his clothing and slightly cut him.

Naruto kept a firm grip on my wrist and pushed them away from him while a yellow chakra enveloped his other hand.

"Sorry for what I'm about to do," he said as he thrusted his hand into my chest. A frown appeared on his face when he saw my memories from the past two days, but what displeased him the most was the fact that I was crying this morning and that Toneri had the audacity to lock me up in a cage.

He pulled the green orb out of my chest and crushed in his hand. My body fell onto his chest with the kunai falling over his head. I shook my head and shut my eyes for a second before I realized what had happened and where I was.

"You're back," whispered Naruto as he wrapped his arms around me and eagerly nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I hesitantly returned the embrace by letting my arms slip behind his neck.

Naruto sat upright all while protectively holding onto me before looking over at Toneri and sent him a death glare.

"How could you do that to her?!"

"(Y/n) belongs to me. I'll be taking her back." He raised his arm and a force pulled me away from Naruto, but he jumped onto his feet and grabbed my hand to pull me towards him with his feet sliding underneath as we neared Toneri.

"Naruto, I have to do this and go back to him for everyone's sake," I painfully said as I attempted to slip my hand out of his grasp, but he tightened his grip and shook his head.

"I can't let you do that especially after reading this." He slipped his other hand into his pouch and pulled out a folded note that I recognized.

A painful groan escaped Toneri's mouth and the force that was pulling me stopped and I immediately fell to the ground. I looked over my shoulder and saw him on his knees as he clutched his eyes. "The final pulsation is happening."

I scrambled up on my feet with Naruto pulling me towards the entrance of the room. "We have to leave. The others are waiting for us."

"You guys have to leave. I can't," I sternly reminded him. "I can't even destroy the Tenseigan because it drains my chakra if I touch it!"

"Yes you can! Hinata is waiting for you so you can show her! She knows how to. Everything will be over after that and you won't need to put yourself through all of this! Trust me!" He earnestly held my hands in his with his ocean blue eyes gazing into mine.

The determination was evident in his eyes, but my gaze faltered as I lowered my head and mumbled, "I- I don't know if I can risk it. I'm tired of losing people."

Naruto understood the hesitation I held and all he could do was squeeze my hand and reassure me in order to have me cooperate.

"We'll be okay," he said and did something that surprised us both.

He lifted my hands to his lips and planted a light kiss on the top of my hands making me lift my head making my eyes go wide and I could feel my heart race in my chest.

'He sure is unpredictable.'

I tried to hide my smile by looking away, but he caught sight of it and lowered our hands. "So, will you help us save each other?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw that Toneri continued to remain on the ground grunting in pain and calling out to me.

I turned away from him and looked at Naruto who anxiously awaited my answer, but his face lit up when he saw me nod.

"Let's save each other."

But no matter what happens... I'm willing to take the fall