Chapter 9

"Which room?"Jisung asked, then turned to Chan and Hyunjin.

Hyunjin's jaw dropped. Chan stopped stirring eggs to make steam eggs. Only Minho laughed as he gave Jisung a thumbs up. Jisung who had been holding back from smiling, now giggled.

"Why so serious?"said Jisung and turned his body.

"I know, right? After all, Jisung already has a girlfriend,"replied Minho.

"Tsk.."Hyunjin went straight to the living room.

Why does Minho have to destroy the mood? And later in the evening, he will ask Jisung about his girlfriend!

"What did I see?"Chan asked as soon as Hyunjin disappeared.

"What do you see?"Minho followed Chan's eyes.

Jisung didn't pay attention to their conversation. He went to check the rice in the rice cooker. He was hungry, and he hoped there would be no drama during the meal later.

"Hyunjin looks jealous when you say Jisung has a girlfriend,"said Chan.

"No way! Hyunjin doesn't like Jisung..”Minho missed a word.

He bit his lower lip as he received a death glare from Chan. Jisung, on the other hand, washed his hands in the sink giving no reaction.

"No offense, Jisung. Hyunjin himself told me he doesn't like you. Seungmin said the same thing,"added Minho.

Chan kept remembering the events of that midnight. The night, he and Jisung heard a verbal fight between Minho and Hyunjin. Chan also remembers Hyunjin saying that he doesn't love Jisung.

"It's okay, hyung."Jisung patted Minho's shoulder with a sweet smile.

Yes, sweet smile! Jisung himself was not sure how he could make such a sweet smile even though his heart was broken a thousand times.

"Jisung-hyung, your phone!"Jeongin shouted from the living room.

Jisung thanked whoever had called him. He kept running to get his phone in the living room. My Hero, the name displayed on the phone screen. Jisung goes to his room.

"Hello dad."

"Hello, J.One.."

Jisung laughed at the greeting from his dad. His mom's voice was heard asking about his health.

"I'm good. Don't worry,"said Jisung while leaning on the head of the bed.

"When is your hiatus? We miss you, son..”

Jisung was silent.

His dad rarely says the words 'I miss you'.  But when he has expressed his heart, that means his dad really misses him.

"I miss you too, dad. Damn, I really miss all of you.."answered Jisung with his tears.

After a long time, he finally cried. This time he just let his tears flow.

His dad on the other end of the line was silent but he could clearly hear sobbing. Jisung knew his family members also missed him. They are in contact almost every day, but it is still not the same as seeing eye to eye.

He also misses his mom's cooking. He misses playing guitar with his dad. And he also misses hearing teasing from his older brother.

He misses everything in Malaysia.

"Please come back, Sungie.."This time Mrs. Han spoke up.

"Okay mom."

"Promise?"

*****

"Promise.."

Seungmin hugged Hyunjin. Hyunjin responded when he noticed Minho looking at him as if he wanted to swallow him.Ever since Minho became their roommates, Hyunjin felt like a third person. Seungmin and Minho are always flirting with each other.

But when fighting, Seungmin will look for him. Hyunjin admits he likes skinship with Seungmin, but he prefers to be with Jisung. With Jisung everything feels different.Just being close to Jisung made his heart pound.  Just imagine when they do skinship..

"Your promise to me too but you won't keep it, Hyunjin-hyung.."said Jeongin who was lying on Jisung's lap who had been resting on the carpet.

Seungmin, Hyunjin and Minho who were relaxing on the couch, looked at Jeongin. Hyunjin tries to remember his promise to Jeongin.

"You promised to teach Seungmin-hyung drive, but you forgot you promised to teach me how to swim.How sad!"complained Jeongin who was staring at his phone.

The main dancer approach the maknae. Jisung, whose eyes were watching at the TV earlier, now turned to Hyunjin's face.

"Sorry, baby. Next month we start, okay? Chan-hyung even told he wanted to come too,"replied Hyunjin who still felt guilty.

"It's okay..eh, wait.."Jeongin got up from Jisung's lap.

Jisung turned his gaze towards Jeongin. Hyunjin is already sitting next to the maknae.

"Our favorite actress, Han Soo Hee passed out at the filming location."

"Oh my god, really?"Hyunjin grabbed Jeongin's phone. Minho and Seungmin are already surrounding Hyunjin.

Jisung was shocked to hear the news.  Without waiting long, he got up from the seat before entering the room. He took his cap, mask, and wallet and escaped without being noticed by the other four friends.

As soon as he was in the taxi, he left a message for Hyunjin. He apologized for not being able to accompany him shopping in the evening. As soon as the message was sent, his phone rang. His aunt, Han Hyo Joo called.

"Hello, aunt.."

"You got my message?"

"Yes and I'm on my way."

“Good. I have asked someone to wait for you in the hospital lobby. They will show you the safe way to go up.Don't worry too much. She's fine..”

“Okay.”

*****

❤️,
Kay.