Chairperson Almas.

Mysterious Chairperson.

Chairperson of Leal & Irenic.

I blinked, blinked and blinked as I put all these puzzles together then looked at the person standing in front of me with admiration.

"Seriously! That mysterious Chairperson of Leal & Irenic? You?" I asked her in surprise and tried to suppress my squeal.

She nodded her head with a grin and sat on one of the small single-seater couches near the glass wall window with a round table in between, in front of a big LED.

In the next second, I was confused again and felt stupid as the rational part of my brain activated again. I sat beside her on another small single-seater couch and looked at her.

"You are thinking why did I tell you this tiny little secret?" She asked me while picking two wine glasses from the table and filled them with non-alcoholic wine.

I nodded my head and took the glass from her.

"My dadu wants me to have at least some friends and a small circle of my age fellows. She wants me to be extroverted and interact with people of my age. And I'm just trying to fulfill her wish. Trying to live. For myself," She answered me, looking at the wine glass as she twirled it slowly.

"So I thought to give a try to what my dadu wants and happened to meet you at the party. I hope we have a good friendship with each other," She said, stretching her hand forward to shake.

I glanced at her stretched hand then back at her, feeling a bit hesitant and a little afraid.

"We just met once and now twice. How can you believe that we will have a good friendship and I'll not betray or break this friendship?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows at her, feeling unbelievable too at the moment.

"Yes, till today we met twice. Believe me, Mehrun. My judgments are never wrong. The moment we both talked a little bit I knew you'll not be bad to be a friend. You will never break my secrets to others behind my back. You are not that kind of person," She told me with a chuckle and finished the wine in her glass.

I was feeling a bit amazed at her confidence and how she believed me on our second meeting.

"Well... you have confidence in me but I don't have. I don't think I can protect or keep friendships safe for a long time. You should know since you also follow that Elite News Blog. How I broke the friendship of more than 10 years with my old group and integrated into the new group where I felt like an outsider or an odd piece with them," I told her with a bitter smile.

A smile broke on her face which made her look more beautiful.

"Tell me honestly. Have you ever betrayed your old friends other than turning your back towards them? Have you ever shared their secret with a third person?" She asked.

I shook my head without any second or hesitation.

"Then stop being guilty of leaving your old group. If you have betrayed them then that's the reason for you to feel guilty," She told me, patting my hand with a small gentle smile.

We both sat in silence as I tried to take all this in. She was right to some extent but it was very difficult for me to overcome the guilt of leaving them.

"You are a little lost with your feelings," She added, then pointed at her still stretched hand with her eyes, "My hand is waiting for you to seal our friendship with a hand shake."

I chuckled and shook hands with her.

"Happy friend-ing."

• • •