"copy that partner." lucas smiled shifting in his seat as he reached over with his open palm signalling juliet to hand him over her phone.

squinting her eyes in suspicion she plopped her phone in his hand and watched as he tapped away on her screen.

he flicked his gaze up meeting juliets for a moment before he went back to tapping. "you look concerned."

"well you did just steal my phone."

"you willingly gave it to me."

"same thing." juliet said after realising the motive behind his actions. he handed her phone back and she secretly rolled her eyes with a small smile hidden behind her lips at her new phone contact.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

the town had a library as any other, filled with books listing topics from a to z and juliet loved spending her time there in between the quiet wooden shelves.

  normally she'd stop by on a friday straight after school with a book already in mind, but this time she found herself skimming through novels with an overly eager teenage boy analysing each book she passed his way.

"i didn't expect you to be this interested in books." juliet eyed him as his gaze lingered on the book he flipped through.

looking up obliviously, lucas closed the book in his possession and placed it away. "i grew up reading." he stated. "much better than kicking a ball around in the front yard."

"huh." juliet smiled, the curiosity she had for this boy growing. "what genre of books are you into?"

"i'm a romance novel kinda guy." he leaned on the shelf crossing his arms and watched the girl before him.

"gross." juliet replied as her pointer finger brushed along each book spine, nothing in particular catching her eye. the two have been there for almost an hour with no success.

"we'd find something faster if you helped." she removed her attention from the shelves to the tall figure beside her.

"hmm." lucas looked around in thought.

  bending down his green eyes skimmed the hardcovers in front of him until he smirked in accomplishment. sliding out a book lucas handed it over to juliet and waited expectedly as he watched her eyes read over the title.

she paused.

"what?" he chuckled analysing her face before he turned towards the end of the aisle.

following his footsteps juliet tapped her fingers on the cover of the chosen book. that just had to be romance.

"just" she shook her head as they checked out the book with the librarian and got a second copy. "you didn't seem like one to read."

lucas squinted his eyes playfully while tilting his head in curiosity. "what do i seem like then?"

"i don't know? popular, full of friends." juliet replied in as they made their way outside. "someone who doesn't have time to read."

lucas looked at her, his face holding a weak defeated expression. "i didn't, but.." he scratched the back of his neck, releasing the movement with a shrug of his shoulders. "..for the wrong reasons."

they stood in the middle of the quiet sidewalk. "besides, who said popular people don't read?"

  juliet rolled her eyes and handed lucas his copy of the book before she made her way towards her bike chained to the lamp post a few steps away.

the girl felt her curiosity towards the boy grow which was strange and new to juliet.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" he pulled out his car keys and looked at her with anticipation.

"yeah." she chuckled as she rolled her bike onto the street, climbing on.

  one last smile and the two where off on their separate ways, and as much as they tried every thought linked to each other like an invisible string tied at their wrists.

𐐪𐑂 a/n:
oh ? WHY THEY SO CUTE LIKE