WEEK 7 | The Purple Eyes Girl

pienenspike 

Reviewed by - bookybecka

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

REVIEW

PRAISES

I commend the author on the unique take on the "chosen one" trope! The Purple Eyed Girl takes on a lot of popular topics and combines them in a really fun way - supernatural creatures, political tension, and the sassy female protagonist. The author also does a great job of introducing and explaining characters, and has a good feel for the creatures she is writing about. In addition, the book is action-packed and exciting, so I never felt bored while reading!

CRITIQUES

I did find myself confused by the setting of the story. There is what seems to be a "normal" high school, laptops, and mentions of pop culture, but also a lot of elements that say that this is not a real-world setting. The story takes place in an unnamed kingdom, yet mentions real countries (such as one character having a British accent). Some clarity into where exactly this takes place would be a great addition in future edits.

OVERALL THOUGHTS

If you're looking for something fun and are interested in the tropes and topics I listed above, you might want to check out The Purple Eyed Girl! Keep in mind that it has a more lighthearted tone, so if you prefer your fantasy books to be serious, this isn't the one for you. Overall, I enjoyed the read!