WEEK 5 | ZuoMeng: To Dream

SereinChoo

Reviewed by - AstraeaTells

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

REVIEW

COVER AND BLURB

The cover is lovely. But it doesn't sum up the story. Secondly, the blurb is fragmentary. The structure is hollow and isn't a topic of interest. I'd suggest you make it a bit more interesting by adding some kind of suspense that makes the reader want to read it.

GRAMMAR AND WRITING SKILLS

The writing style is immensely flawless. There are quite a few words here and there thatneed to be changed. They are resulting in teetering dialogues. And of course, theinternal dialogues are good but you need not write them after every paragraph or two isdone since the back story is sufficient. Your vocabulary is still a striking one. And theword limit of each chapter is good enough and not lengthy, perhaps. Though, I'd stillsuggest you keep the word limit under 1k. Words more than that might result ininconsistency of the chapters and further, the book. There are a ton of grammaticalerrors that need to be paid attention to.

PLOT AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

The plot structure and outline are consummate. It is not an ordinary one, for sure. As forthe characters, the internal dialogues are appealing. But, it does need more effort tobring out and showcase the characters' emotions. As long as that's done, it'll be perfectlyfine.

OVERALL ENJOYMENT

As a reader, I pretty much enjoyed every chapter. The characters, their personality, and thesuspense. It was all completely linked, making it an easy and enjoyable read.