Chapter 13 Seventh Ancient Language

Começar do início

Alex was taken aback hearing Selene words but hung his shoulders and turned around to go when he spotted the wolf boy hiding behind Selene.

"Who is he?" Alex asked.

"Someone who you don't need to know about." Selene replied.

"Then don't complain when the duke gets to know about this." Alex hmphed.

"You won't do that if you value your life" Selene paused and put on a scary smile "Anna please see my brother out."

"Please." Anna said as she gently pushed Alex out of the room.

"........" Alex stared as Anna slammed the door at it his face. "Tch insolent master, insolent maid."

Back in the room Selene sat on the bed facing the boy and said, " As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, there are two options you have now you can either choose to leave from here and be on your own, of course there is no need to worry about any consequences or  you can stay and work for me."

"So, you are giving me only one option where it is actually possible that my future can be safe right?" The boy grumbled.

"Oh you are smart! That's right you can't blame me though I am neither a person who has a lot of money that can be spent any time nor am I a saint so..." 

"Are you sure there will be no one mistreating me here?" the boy asked in a whisper.

"Of course it is my responsibility as an employer to make sure of all those things, so I take it as a yes from you to stay here?" Selene asked. The boy nodded meekly.

"So what's your name?" Selene asked.

"That.....I don't have a name." The boy said wringing his hands.

"What?"

"What?"

************

It's been 3 months since Selene saved the slave boy from the alley and  it was not easy to keep him. Why? Because the Duke found about it, at first she thought it was Alex who informed him but turned out a maid had seen him while he had sneaked out of the room. Of course Selene faced a mountain of questions from the duke ranging from where she got him and what intentions she had with him.

Fortunately, Selene was prepared for this she had already thought of the job she was going to give to Fenrir (the name she decided after she found out he had no name), her personal assistant/servant. She said that as she only had Anna as her personal maid it would be more convenient if she had another servant to her with her daily errands. As it was normal for noble kids to have several helpers, the duke after a bit of convincing from Selene's side, let Fenrir stay.

 Fenrir was given to the butler of the mansion to be trained, which led to another discovery for Selene- Fenrir was a genius no, a genius of geniuses. Quite much any work that was taught to him was perfected by him the next day. From tea making to preparing her schedule and managing time he learnt everything to do precisely. At first the butler was hesitant to teach Fenrir as he was one of the beastmen, they weren't exactly popular in the magnus empire not to mention his unusual heterochromatic eyes scared away most of the servants. 

But soon as Fenrir showed his talent the butler got so crazy about him that he was unwilling to leave Fenrir to Selene after the training and begged her to give Fenrir to him so that he could make him his successor. Of course Selene didn't agree, she had sacrificed her precious money to save him from the slave dealer. But she had to admit she had hit the jackpot, when she had first found him, she only thought of having him as her errand boy so as to not burden Anna with more work but of course that changed when she saw his incredible learning ability.