Chapter 2: Dwindle

Start from the beginning

Arden is wearing high waisted black shorts and a daisy white tank when I see her, her body slumped against the wall by the door.

"Can you please tell me what the surprise is? If it's coffee, I'm not going to be amused." She smiles, adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

"Guess you'll have to see." I reply and shrug, making her groan. She stumbles out the door as I emit a laugh, making her laugh as well.

~*~

A cinnamon bun is slid across the table in front of me, and I catch is before it practically falls off. Arden blushes scarlet and apologizes quietly, sitting down across from me in the booth.

It's only 11:15, but I thought we should come early and eat, so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of the boys. Arden said she would get us food so I've been waiting patiently for her return. As soon as the Cinnabon is set in front of me, I finish it in under a minute, hungrily devouring it.

When I'm hungry, I'm hungry.

It's only 11:25 when I spot Harry walk through the Starbucks door, a few flashes going off outside. I'm guessing paparazzi. What's even more surprising, is Arden is too engulfed in her phone to even notice Harry and Zayn walk through the door. There's only us and an old couple in here, probably since it's so early in the morning.

I wave a little at Harry and he walks towards our booth quickly, trying to avoid the barista at the front who actually fainted over his appearance. I scoot over and he slides in next to me, Arden still not looking up from her phone. Harry suddenly laughs this really loud laugh, sounding like a 'ha' , and covers his mouth quickly. But Arden looks up, her eyes widening and her eyebrows furrow. Zayn touches her shoulder from behind and she jumps, a small scream emoting from her lips. She starts to blush Crimson, and scoots all the way towards the wall, making all of us laugh again. Zayn sits in the booth and raises an eyebrow, holding out his arms.

"I don't bite, Arden, I thought we went through this last night." Zayn speaks amused, and he's engulfed in Arden's arms again, and she's digging her face into his neck in happiness. Zayn looks toward me and mouths a 'thank you' and I nod, waving it off.

"So, have you ordered?" Harry asks and I nod, knitting my fingers together.

"We already ate." I shrug and he pouts.

"Why? This can't be a date if the gentleman doesn't pay for anything." He elaborates and I give him a look.

"This isn't a date Harry."

"Then what do you call this?"

"A get together." I shrug, and he reaches over to take my hand in his. "Harry..."

"It's a friendly gesture." He smirks, shrugging. "How about we play twenty questions?"

"Okay fine. Arden, Zayn, do you want to play?" I break my gaze from his green irises to look at the two, but I don't get a response. Zayn is whispering in her ear and Arden is blushing madly. "Guess not."

"Alright, first question. What's your full name? Middle name included." He asks, his thumb running absentmindedly over the back of my hand. I can't find it in myself to pull away even though I should.

"Ashley Marie Benson. People call me Ash, I prefer Ash." I answer and he bites his lip, nodding.

"I like your name."

"Thanks. What's your full name?" I fire back and he looks amused.

"Harry Edward Styles. People call me Haz." He smirks and I blush because he's mimicking me. "Where did you grow up?"

"I grew up in Liverpool, with my sister Eliza, and my mother Marie. My father had passed away when I was 14, and my mum remarried a man named Christian. My mum had kind of created an empire for herself, and my family is extremely wealthy." I explained and Harrys face turned solemn.

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"It's fine. I had to get over it sometime right?" I shrug and his face looks so sympathetic, and I want to lighten the mood. "How did you grow up?"

"I grew up in Cheshire, a very small town, with my sister Gemma and my mum Anne. My parents got divorced when I was younger and now she's married to a man named Des, my stepfather. We weren't very wealthy, we owned a bakery, so we were just a regular class of working people I guess. After I got famous, it helped out my family a lot." He explains, giving my hand gently squeezes every once and a while. "Where do you live? Not to be creepy or anything."

"Central London, not that interesting. I actually live with Arden currently, and I don't go to college but I plan on going this year. Same question to you." I run a hand through my hair, and he looks so smitten it emits a chuckle from my lips.

"My mum lives in Cheshire, but we are constantly traveling you know? We have flats in London and I live with Lou, one of the boys you met last night." He explains, and his gaze shifts to Zayn. "Would you mind getting me a vanilla iced coffee when you go up?"

Zayn nods and takes Arden's hand, leading her to the counter to place their order.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

And there it goes.
Another boy trying to get into my pants.

"No, Harry, I don't. Why do you ask?" I say politely, a slight edge to my tone.

"Just curious is all." He smirks again and his coffee is placed in front of him. He takes a sip, letting go of my hand, and I place it in my lap, still burning from his touch.

He's just like every other guy.

A player.